The Never Ending Road

So I live in this tiny town in Montana, about 20 miles from Missoula, also known as the second Haight Ashbury, but hey, when you get a mixture of the hipsters, the jocks, and the all around hicks in a school like mine . . . well lets just say that things get interesting.

We aren’t overly hostile, although the Hellgate High School Knight mascot might suggest otherwise.  We don’t roast baby’s, I swear.

Anyway, at Hellgate there are all sorts of people, but there is one thing that the majority of us can agree on . . . we hate Justin Bieber and we might even hate One Direction.  At other schools, you might get a mixed response but here, lets just say that I hope that none of the guys here aspire to be pop stars, unless they want a welcome like Justin Bieber gets when he’s even mentioned by name.

As for me, well I’m not entirely sure what I think.  Yeah, I think the guys in One Direction are pretty gorgeous, and Bieber could be too if he ever worked out to fix those chicken arms, but I don’t think I’d get overly excited over any of them showing up on my doorstep.

I just recently decided that One Direction is okay.  I mean you gotta have a lot of guts to get up in front of thousands of people at a concert and sing.  I have one friend that is a total freak when it comes to anything pop superstar related, and while I can totally agree with her on the hotness of some of the people that she is currently crushing on, I don’t think I could ever get as excited as she is.  I wasn’t even that excited when I found out that I would never ever have to take math in high school again.

Well, sad to say, one day I was sitting outside the University of Montana, which is just a few blocks from Hellgate, by the way, when I saw something that you don’t often see in a town like Missoula, the Land of Hippies.   I saw a tractor- as in “I’m such a hick that I’m gonna drive my tractor to work- kinda thing.  As I saw this my jaw dropped.  Some of the things you see in this town.

All of the sudden, someone laid a heavy hand on my shoulder, and I spun around, pocket knife already in hand and ready to use in case it was some creapy rapist.

What I saw made me do a double take.

Standing there, with his hand on my shoulder, in the middle of  Missoula, is . . . oh what was his name? . . . Lewis, Lupin, ah Louis . . . and he looked absolutely petrified.

“Oh, no.  I’m so sorry.  Bad experience my freshman year of high school.  What can I do for you?” I asked guiltily, while on the inside I was screaming “what the fudge monkeys?!?”.

“Actually, we were just looking for the  . . . Adams Center?” Harry said.

“Oh, yeah sure.  I can just take you there if you want.   It would be easier for my dad anyway.”

I started walking, but soon realized that they weren’t following.

“If you don’t want to get lost in this god forsaken town, then I would suggest that you follow me,” I said with a raised eyebrow.  They looked at the knife in my hand.

“Oh for the love of God.  Its as if they have never seen a girl with a pocket knife before,” and I hurriedly flip the blade in, and exaggeratedly put it in my pocket.  “Now we good?”

“Yeah.  Why aren’t you freaking out.  Most girls would freak out?”

“Oh, um well, lets just say that I wasn’t really a fan until a few months ago, plus, I tend not to freak out as much as others do over celebrities.”

“Oh, good, because we were really debating on asking you for directions,” I gave a very manly snort, “oh, shut up, we didn’t want you to go all fangirly on us.”

“Don’t worry.  I don’t hang out with people like that.  Oh, but I forgot, the only way to get to the Adams Center is to go past the football stadium,” I said just as the canon signaling that the game started sounded and cheers rang out of the stadium.  “And there is a football game today, hence the canon and cheering.”

“American football?”

“Yeah, you ever seen it played?” I asked.

“Actually we haven’t.  We thought we would go to the . . . Superbowl?  Is that what it’s called?” Zayn asked.

“Yeah.  The Ravens and the 49ers are playing in it this year.  If you were just following the big well known team names then you probably wouldn’t have heard of them.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Yeah, but if you want to see a crowd get really into the game, then this is a game to come to.  If you wanted to see the game, then you could probably find some scalp tickets.”

“Really? Could we?  I have never seen the game played.  It looks fairly interesting.”

“Well, lets go try to find some tickets then.  I can get you to the gates, but I don’t have the money to get a ticket so you guys are gonna have to fend for yourselves.”

“Oh. Oh.  Guys I have an idea!” Louis screamed.  A college girl walking by looked at him with wide eyes as she passed.  “Too much sugar,” I explained.

“What’s your idea Lou?” Niall asked.  I found that after being around them for awhile, I could remember their names.

“We can get her a ticket!  That way she can be there to explain the game to us!”

I looked at him like he was mad.  “I don’t think you realize how much the tickets are man.  This is the homecoming game, and on top of that, its our arch rival.  It’s a state game, meaning that both Montana teams are playing.  It’s doubly huge.”

“How much?” Liam asked.

“They’re like 60-70 dollars a piece!  No way are you gonna buy me a ticket!”

“Oh, but we are my dear girl.  We definitely are.”  Harry said this in a creepy voice.

I turned to run, but was caught around the waist by Niall, and set back where I was.

“Okay, I have a deal.  If we buy you a ticket you can make it up to us some other way.  We took the wrong plane and management has no idea where we are, so it could be a few weeks until we can actually get out of here.  The tour doesn’t even start until December anyway.”

PIC OF IZZY AT THE SIDE