t w e n t y - o n e

lacey's pov 

today started really bad because,jack had to leave for a concert here in california and we probably won't do anything special today for my birthday. cameron,johnson,sammy,trevor,hayes and nash didn't forget about my birthday and tweeted about it which kind of lightened up my day. and of course,mom and ethan didn't forget my birthday either. i grabbed my orange juice from the console and took a sip from it as i went through instagram. my dms were filled with people celebrating my birthday and people hating on me. 

i shut my laptop,grabbing my phone and got off the bed,walking up to the kitchen. even though i just ate a few hours ago i'm still hungry. i'm always hungry. 

i opened the freezer,taking out a frozen pizza from it and putting it inside the microwave. 

a text from an unknown number popped up in my phone's screen which stopped me from doing what i was doing. 

i unlocked my phone and opened the text message,my eyes widened as i read it. 

from; unknown number 

open your door 

what the hell?

i walked over to the door and opened it and surprisingly it was andrew. wow. he's a stalker. 

"how did you know my address?" i asked,lifting up my eyebrow. 

"i followed you yesterday," he said with a smirk on his face.

"well,m-my family isn't here so i can't l-let you in," i stuttered. 

he chuckled,"lacey,calm down. it's not like i'm going to murder you or something." 

i moved aside so he could come in,"you can't stay more than five minutes." 

"alright." 

"so,what do you want from me?" i asked as i sat on the couch.

"my friend is doing a party tonight and i wonder if you could come with me?" 

i shrugged,"this is not happening."

he gave me a questioning look and i continued talking,"first off; today's my birthday and i'm celebrating it with my family," i lied,"and second,we just met and you want me to go to a party with you? you could be a serial killer."

he slightly laughed,"what made you think that i'm a 'serial killer'?" he asked,quoting serial killer.

"i don't know. anyway,i can't come." 

he sighed,"if i told you that there's another party tomorrow,will you go?" 

i hummed,"maybe."

he smiled,"the five minutes are over. call me tomorrow if you're coming." 

i nodded and followed him behind as he walked out of the house,closing the door. 

i went back to the kitchen and got the pizza out of the microwave and put it on a plate,quietly eating it. 

+

it was 8;00 and i was in my grandma's house since she wanted me to visit her,laying on the couch watching the fault in our stars. it was literally the millionth time i've watched this movie and i never got bored from it. it has a beautiful story and the way it ended made me tear up. 

my grandma came downstairs and sat on the couch,holding a big box in her hands. 

she handed it to me,"happy birthday. i can't believe you're already 18 years old." 

i kissed the top of her head,"thank you so much. i love you." 

"i love you too. you should get back to your house because it's getting late." 

i nodded and stood up,kissing her once again and walked out. 

+

i pulled into the driveway and grabbed the box my grandma recently gave me,walking up to the door.

as i stepped in the house,i heard footsteps from upstairs which made me scared to death.

i continued walking,convincing myself that it's nothing. 

someone hugged my back and i immediately knew who the person was from his scent.

my babe jack.

i turned to face him,"what are you doing here? you're not supposed to be here."

+