Chapter 6- Pit Stop Practice

|3 weeks later|

I woke up to someone ringing my doorbell. I got out of bed and put on my bathrobe and headed downstairs to the front door.

"Hey Dale," I smiled once I saw who it was.

"Hey. Did I wake you up?" He asked.

"Kinda, but I need to get up anyways. Come in and have a seat while I go change quick."

"Okay."

He came in and took a seat on the couch. I ran up the stairs and changed as quickly as I could. I put my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my bag that had all of my things that I would need throughout the day. I went back downstairs and sat next to Dale.

"So we should get heading over. Want to just ride with me?" He asked.

"Since you are already here, sure," I agreed.

"Well let's go!"

We walked out to Dale's truck and headed to CMS. Once we got there, I went to my car and just looked it over quick.

I saw Chase pull up and I ran over to his truck. He got out and gave me a hug.

"How was Georgia?" I smiled.

"It was fun, got to ketch up with my family, but it wasn't the same without you," Chase smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too. I wish you could have come with."

"I do too, but I had to prep more than you."

"Yeah. We should probably get back over there. And start getting ready to go."

"Yeah."

We walked back over to our cars.

-Skip pit stop practice-

"So 5 weeks to the great American race, and 2 weeks till the Sprint Unlimited," Chase said as we walked to his truck.

"Maybe we could head down this weekend and hang out on the beach or something," I smiled.

"Maybe, then you could also meet the family," Chase said. "We should invite Dale and Amy and Kasey."

"Yeah. They are still here so maybe we should go talk with them."

"Yeah."

We walked back over to Dale and Kasey.

"Hey guys," I smiled, "We were thinking about heading down to Daytona this weekend and hanging out on the beach, and we were wondering if you guys would like to tag along?"

"Um, let me call Amy quick," Dale said. So he called Amy. "She said sure. So I'm gonna go pack. What time are we heading out tomorrow?"

"I would say around 7 or 8 am."

"Okay. Everyone meet at my house?"

"Um, yeah."

"Okay. See you guys then."

"Bye. So Kasey do you want to join in?"

"Can I bring Sam and Tanner?" Kasey asked.

"Yes! I love Tanner and I haven't seen Sam in forever!"

"I will ask her tonight to make sure, otherwise it would just be me."

"Okay."

"So Dale's around 7 or 8?"