Chapter 3-Family Time, Party Planning, and a Photo Shoot

(A/N: this chapter will cover two days... So really long chapter...)

------6:45AM------

I got up and went and made breakfast for my parents and myself. Once the breakfast was finished cooking I took it to my parents room. I knocked on the door and surprisingly they were up. I gave them their breakfast and went and ate mine. Once I finished eating I went to my room and changed quick. It was a cloudy and cold day so I'm not gonna take my sunglasses. I walked to my bathroom and did my hair and brushed my teeth. I walked over to my parents room and knocked on the door, and walked in. They were still laying in bed talking.

"Come on, get ready, we are leaving by 7:45, but you need to get ready," I said trying to stay calm.

"Ok, ok," my dad said as they stood up.

I walked out of their room and went into the front room. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and texted Amy.

Kaylee: hey Amy. R we still on for today?

Amy😄: yeah. What time are you planning on leaving you house?

Kaylee: about 745.

Amy😄: ok. Going out for breakfast or should I eat before you come?

Kaylee: we already ate so you might as well eat before I get there.

Amy😄: ok just let me know when ur to the driveway so I can let you in...

Kaylee: ok I will... Ttyl bye!

Amy😄: bye!

I put my phone down as my parents come into the front room.

"So what time we leaving again?" My mom asked.

"7:45."

"Ok."

My phone started ringing.

"I have to take this," I said, noticing it was Mr. Hendrick. I walked to my bedroom as I answered.

(MrH=Mr. Hendrick/K=Kaylee)

K: hello?

MrH: hi Kaylee, so we have a slight problem.

K: what happened?

MrH: well it seems that NASCAR didn't get you test results for the drug test and the blood tests, so you will have to redo them if they don't get them within 7 days. So you might get a call from NASCAR around next Wednesday.

K: I know I did them cause I hate needles but I still had that done. And I know I did the drug test the same day I had my blood drawn, because I ended up peeing on my hand.

MrH: ok. So just wait for a call no matter what because they will also call if they get it.

K: ok.

MrH: so I'm gonna let you go.

K: oh on Friday night I'm planning on having a party and you can come if you want. I'm gonna try and invite Jeff and Jimmie and their families. It will probably be starting around noon or one. I will text you with more details.

MrH: ok, so I will see you then. Bye.

K: ok. Bye.

I hung up and walked back out to the front room.

"Who was that?" My dad asked.

"Mr. Hendrick. I guess NASCAR didn't get my drug and blood test results," I said.