Chapter 12

Epilogue

It has been 13 years. Since Declan gave up his assassin days. Since he became alpha of a pack of wolves. Since he found a mate that was a wolf. Since he killed his mother and his grandfather for trying to kill him, since he found out he had a younger brother whom he had taken in and raised him.

His life had changed drastically but like he said before he wouldn’t change any of it.

Now he was content, he was still the same asshole to others, and would kick anyone’s ass if they gave him lip. But Hunter never let him kill anyone and sometimes Declan would get annoyed at that, but he loved how Hunter took his anger and turned it into lust, which was worth it.

He heard laughing and he turn to see Eve and her boyfriend Joey. Declan scoffs at the couple, he didn’t like the boy, but Hunter had forbidden him to harm him. Besides his Leopard didn’t want to hurt Eve by attacking the boy she was so fond with. His leopard was still attached to that girl and if Declan was honest, he was just as attached to Eve as his cat.

Today Eve was turning 18 years old, Ian turned a month before her and they had a small celebration just the five of them, Ian didn’t want a big thing, actually Ian didn’t want anything at all, the boy was still quiet and emotionless and didn’t have any friends. Not that Ian minded, he never wanted friends and he never missed a chance of telling Declan and Hunter that.

Hunter was a ball of nerves, since on your 18th birthday any shifter would find their mate, Declan kept asking Ian if he had found his but the boy just shrugged off never admitting it nor denying it.

Hunter on the other hand was waiting for Eve to tell them if Joey was her mate or not. But the girl didn’t.

Instead Eve was having fun at her birthday party as well as high school graduation, she had a lot of friends, but if anyone asks her, who her best friend was she would say Ian in a heartbeat. Those two were polar opposites. Ian was quiet, cold an uncaring but he would protect Eve with everything he’s got.

While Eve was loving, caring, and happy, and yet if anyone would say something mean about Ian she would get angry and defend him, sticking up for him.

Eve came to them after a while and Hunter sucks in air as he sees her approach them.

Declan reach over and rubs Hunter’s arm to ease the nervous feelings away.

‘’Hey dad, and kitty.’’ Eve said and Declan rolls his eyes at the absurd nickname he got stuck with since Eve came into his life, only she was the only one that would call him that and actually lived to tell.

‘’Hey sweetie, are you enjoying your party?’’ Hunter questions with a soft voice.

‘’Yeah I’m having fun, thanks for doing this for me.’’ Eve smiles as she hugs and kisses first Hunter then Declan.

‘’So anything you want to tell me.’’ Hunter urges.

‘’He’s not my mate daddy, we really thought we were but he’s 18 and his wolf didn’t reacted with me, now if we kiss it feels wrong, as if kissing a brother or-‘’ Her words got caught off as the door of their house opens and Ian comes out of the house. Eve turns to look at Ian and her eyes widens as she locks gazes with the leopard.

‘’Oh.My.God. It can’t be.’’ Eve whispers as she slowly walks towards Ian.

Ian stops walking and stares at Eve, he knew they were mates but didn’t want to tell anyone.

Since he turned 18 years old and his leopard roar when smelling Eve, he had excuse himself and went up to his room, it was a fucking problem since Hunter and Eve had moved in to the alpha’s home and couldn’t avoid the girl.