Chapter 2

‘’Are you sure Alpha? The brat doesn’t even want to meet with you.’’ Hunter the beta said with respect into the phone.

He didn’t want the leopard in their territory and knew the alpha just wanted to meet his son, but he had heard a lot about those cats to know that it would be a mistake to bring the crazy boy around all the pups and she wolves.

His alpha wasn’t having any of it; he was dead set on meeting with the dangerous boy one way or the other. So now here he was tracking the brat who was doing his job.

Hunter scoffs, the boy’s job consisted on killing people a hire gun. That was another thing this boy didn’t have, remorse.

He went into the little café and spotted the innocent looking kid who had an angelic face and brown doe eyes.

But if you stared into his eyes, you could see the emptiness and the predator that lurked in them.

With a long sigh he approaches the boy.

‘’Can I help you?’’ The brat questions without taking his eyes off his phone.

‘’I need to talk to you.’’ Hunter grumbles as he takes the seat across Declan.

‘’No offense but I don’t talk with dogs, and especially not during lunch, since I know you all lick your asses to pass the time.’’ His voice was as cold as his emotions.

‘’We don’t do that!’’ He snaps, why he was trying to assure the brat about his doings was lost to Hunter.

He felt himself getting hard and curse under his breath, the leopard sniffed the air and scrunched his nose up in disgust.

‘’Don’t take it personally but if I don’t want to share a meal with one, why would I want to screw one?’’ This time Declan did lift his gaze to meet Hunter’s.

‘’Yeah like I would go anywhere near you, I’m not desperate.’’ The words came out of his mouth but his shaft had other things in mind.

Shit why am I getting hard? Was all Hunter could think.

Mate his inner wolf screamed and Hunter gritted his teeth, there was no way in hell the boy was his mate, especially not a leopard, he knew his mate would be a man but a wolf man, his wolf must be confuse.

He reposition himself so he could hide his erection, he spotted a smirked on the leopards lips.

‘’I’m glad we’re on the same page, now leave and don’t turn back.’’ The cold voice sends shivers down Hunter’s spine. And he shook his head to clear the fog in his mind.

‘’Can’t, I’m here on orders from my alpha, he wants to meet with you.’’ He tells the leopard.

‘’I’m touched, really I'm, but I have to decline, tell your alpha this is something he won’t be getting, he’s not my alpha and he’s better off not calling me his son.’’ Declan states as he rises up from his seat.

‘’Now, if you’ll excuse me I have to get going my appetite is gone, and please stop following me, I might get upset and trust me you do not want to make me mad.’’ He walks away from the table leaving a dumb founded Hunter.