Getting Back To Myself

The next day Stefan woke me up again.

"Come on Azalina we're getting ready to leave." He said shaking me.

"Where are we going?" I asked sitting up and yawning.

"The Appalachian Mountains."

Stefan then left while I quickly showered and changed.

I changed into a dark green tank top and blue jean shorts. I walked downstairs with all my things.

"You ready love we're about to leave?" Nik said noticing me.

"I'm going to skip this massacre." I said fiddling with the bottom of my shirt.

"So where are you going to go?" Stefan asked with confusion.

"There's a girl I know nearby. I'm going to stay with her. Keep in touch and I'll re-join you when it's over, alright?" I said.

"This isn't about last night love?" Nik said stepping forward trying to act tough when he felt bad.

"No, I just don't want to be there while a whole pack of werewolves get slaughtered." I said silencing him.

"Be careful ok." I said giving Stefan a one handed hug. While I held my suitcase in my other.

I then went to walk away.

"What I don't get a hug goodbye?" Nik asked.

"No. Bye boys." I said without stopping or turning around.

I dragged my suitcase along as I walked. I needed to walk straighten things out in my head. Instead of evaporating myself.

After two hours I came to the house I was looking for. It was a small farm house. With a porch and a tyre swing resided out the front.

I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

"Mamma, Mamma there's someone at the door." A little girl said from inside.

The door then opened revealing a lady. Her blonde hair up in a ponytail. She had flour on her cheek in the form of a handprint and she wore an apron over her clothes. There with her face in the lady's dress was a little girl.

"Can I help you?" She asked in her strong country accent.

"Ida." I said nodding and smiling at her.

"Oh Azalina. It's been so long." She said realizing who I was.

"Come on in." She said closing the door behind me.

"What's with the suitcase?" She asked wiping her hands on the apron.

"I was hoping I could stay here the night. I'm travelling with some people and they've gone off to do their own thing."

"Of cause my home is always open to the Purus Ones." She said leading me to a room.

"Here this is the guest room. Have you had breakfast yet?" she asked smiling at.

"Oh no."

"Then leave your things here and follow me. Isi and I were making pancakes." She said.

I followed her to the kitchen where her daughter was on the floor with a ginger cat.

"Isi this is Azalina. Azalina this is my daughter Isi." She said introducing me.

"Hello Isi. It's nice to meet you." I said kneeling down to her level.

"It's nice to meet you too. You talk funny." She commented.

"Isi. That's not very nice." Ida said from the kitchen bench.