Chapter 1

It was an extra ordinary, un-astounding, blue sky day.

Cas was going through the routine; go to the table, take the order, smile for the tips, and serve the people. Everything blurred together during the day. His customers didn't stand out or catch his attention either, he had seen couples sitting in the restaurant booths dozens of times. Watched loners ordering hamburgers all look roughly the same. Every person could be mixed into the other with similarities. Except this man. While scanning the area for a table needing help his eyes halted at the man's face. He was middle-aged and had graying hair, His eyes unmistakingly held loathing as he watched the children across the room. Castiel's heart quickened. He knew this was the person. It had been weeks and Cas had been itching. The itch was insatiable and didn't go away with temporary remedies forever. It had been scratching in the back of his mind always reminding him how un-remarkable his little world was. How he needed some way to relieve the strain.

Walking over he created the fake illusion of a smile and put it on. "Welcome to the cheesecake factory sir, May I take you order?" he was being courteous to the man who stared openly with disgust at children, and it was making him sick. "Giant nacho entrée and a coke. Thanks." The man took another gaze at the family. "Why doesn't this place have a kids area? This is a fancy restaurant right? You don't need those things messing around." This comment sparked Cas' itch again. "sorry sir, but I'm sure you would feel different if you had one of your own." The man wasn't pleased with Castiel's commentary, "course I do, I just leave them home where they belong." He snorted and his eyes drifted down at his cell phone. Yes, this one would do. Automatically going through the routine, he was planning out the elimination. The man would be done in about an hour leaving Cas 15 minutes after his shift ended to wait for him to leave and follow. The built up tension before getting rid of the itch was amazing. It made him feel alive, Just right before a cliff dive into the soothing water there was always a slow build up of emotions that made everything clear.

It wasn't going to be an uneventful day today. After serving the unkind man Cas discreetly kept his eyes on the him. He was only distrupted in his observations once while serving another person who had caught his interest. This man didn't make him itch like the other one, but there was something pestering him about the man in plaid. From what Cas could tell this person was gruff, he had a scratchy beard and was sitting with both his legs spread out more than the average person. Nothing verily remarkable. His eyes were what had caught Cas' interest, not only did they make full eye contact without the usual shuffling around, But the hazel-green eyes held a look of pure intent. The intent for what Cas didn't know but it was an exhilarating change from a simple glance.

"Do you know what you would like to order?" where the first words exchanged. The man passed over the menu without a break in contact, unnerving Cas slightly with this strangers stare. "Just a good old fashioned hamburger." The man replied, leaving the conversation to end at that. Cas took a glance back at the man once while sending the order to the chefs. He needed to focus yet; he couldn't focus on the wrong person. With a quiet sigh he shifted his eyes from this fascinating man back to his mark.

An hour later he watched from his cars vantage point as the man pulled out of the space, turned the corner out, and nearly clipped a black Chevrolet. Pulling around the bend Cas could see death glares sent toward the man from the green eyes that had been so entrancing earlier. The Impala must have been owned by the green-eyed stranger.

Following Cas made sure to give the Impala space and turned his head the opposite way to hopefully not be recognized. He stayed two cars behind the man he was stalking while cautiously looking behind to see if a certain Chevy was heading the same way. All seemed clear though so his focuses went back to the car he was directly behind. Instead of following the man to a suburban house like Cas thought would happen, they both ended up parked outside of a dark alley way. He waited in anticipation as the man guardedly quickened his steps into the darkness. Exiting the car he shuffled to the opening of the space and looked around the corner to witness the middle aged father leaning against the walls of the building,unraveling a plastic bag.

His main guess for what was in the plastic wrapping was heroin. Of course the man had to have drug problems on top of the children issues, terrible fathers always had terrible traits. Feeling the cold metal he had slipped under his shirt Cas made sure the mechanism was there before slipping on plastic blue gloves.

He waited at the opening until the mark was busy with his terrible habits before moving in close enough to directly aim at his head. The timing had been perfect, it was just at the cusp of night and the streets were clear as day. The strain built up in his chest, his head pounded, but he could see everything oh so clearly. The appalling father was sticking the needle in with his arm tensing as his eyes finally shifted upwards. Cas had his gun out, pointing straight at the centre of the mans forehead. The suppressor gave the gun an extra couple inches so instead of simple closeness the metal was smooth against skin. The terrible father had that instant flash of fear eyes wide in the flight or fight response. He didn't get a chance to attempt at either as Cas pulled the trigger. The man's eyes dulled. Just a sharp barely audible noise and a dead body was left. Except Cas felt like everything had finally come together and the world was sharp again, not a fuzzy routine. The tension was gone. The itch had left for now.

All it had taken was killing a horrendous father who from logical assumptions treated his children cruelly. Castiel felt more human now then he had moments previous. He couldn't stand deadbeat fathers who rejected children so vehemently. Leaving helpless human beings to fend for themselves. Leaving children in times of need and selfishly throwing them to independence too young. Just like his father. The man would have left any moment to leave those children alone In the world, it was best to get rid of him now before long term damage had happened to them.

Cas was coming down from the rush before a cliff jump feeling, He dragged the body under the cover of the now dark skies, focused solely on the task of dragging the body now covered in black plastic to his trunk. He planned on driving over to his small empty cabin to rip the body apart making it easily disposable. Beginning the trek to the cabin he passed a parked 1967 Impala.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My very first Destiel fanfic! as you could tell from the username i am mostly hetalia, but destiel deserves all the love too. hope you enjoyed the first chapter of probably many to come, the song i used as inspiration is called bad company by bad company (or five finger death punch) so i recommend listening to it with this :)