Chapter 8

Hey guys guess what! My rankings went up! So keep up on supporting meeh! and comments are very much appreciated as well as votes. ;D

Chapter 8

The rest of the day was spent listening to boring teachers and hoping for the bell to ring already. It was as if I was a human again. Except for the fact that my senses are far sharper than an average human. Amy and Hina lived in the opposite direction from where I lived so I began to walk home alone. If only I knew which way to go. I sighed where is Alice.

"Right here." chimed a voice. I turned and saw a red maserati next to me. "I knew you'd be lost so I thought I'd drive you home."

"As always." said Jasper with a chuckle.

I climbed into the back since Jasper was sitting in the front. I stared out the window of the car as they drove me home or at least that's what it should be. Carlisle told me it should be safer that I stay home so that I won't get into any 'accidents'. I talked to Alice about it and she told me not to worry about it. I know I should believe her, but I can't help but feel like something bad is going to happen and it's all because of me.

I stayed in my room hanging out since there wasn't much homework and all we had to do was get it signed. I was about to try and sleep when Alice walked into my room.

"You seem to have a habit of always being in my room." I said sitting up.

She laughed. "I thought you needed some company since your always locked up in here."

"I'm alright laying around, being bored." I joked. Then looked at her since she was combing my hair with her fingers. "So?"

"So what?" she asked. I realized she was braiding my hair.

"You wanted to tell me something.... since your here."

"Oh right. Well I was wondering if you could be my adopted daughter?"

"What?" I turned to look at her. Her golden hazel eyes filled with excitement.

"I want you to be my adopted daughter. If that's alright with you."

"That... would be nice." I smiled. I wondered how it felt like to be with my real family. For all I know my family might still be alive. I hope so. I hope they know I'm safe. One day I'll find them soon but for now I'll be under the protection of the Cullens since there was someone who seemed to want me dead.

"Really?!" she smiled and hugged me tightly. "Thank you!"

-----

A week flew by and I was in class talking to Amy and Hina. As usual Amy kept talking about Seth and Hina was quietly studying.

"Violet you always wear the cutest outfits. Where do you buy them?" said Amy

"The mall? I go wherever Alice or Renesmee goes."

Amy looked at me with huge eyes. "You hang out with the cullens too?!"

I nodded. "Yeah."

She blinked. "You are so lucky. First your friends with Seth Clearwater and now you hang out with the Cullens!" she leaned closer toward me. "How do you do that?"

"What do you mean?" I asked

"The Cullens aren't so easy to approach. You know how most schools have their cliques? The Cullens are their own clique. They practically ignore everybody. Wait I almost forgot." she hit her hand to her forehead, "Your last name is Hale. Your related to Jasper and Rosalie so your like part of them."

"Yeah I guess." I shrugged.

She stared hard at me as if trying to see if she could find any resemblance in me to them.

"Alright class. The bell has rung so I suggest you be quiet." Ms BayGarde took out a bucket and began passing scrips of paper on each desk. "If you are wondering what are these, these apparently are scrips of paper with a number on it." Some of the students laughed. "The number will determine who will be your partner for the next class assignment."

"So we can't choose our partners?" said a boy in the back.

"Quite so. That reminds me you can't switch partners or else you'll be working alone." Everyone groaned. "You have 5 minutes to find your partner. Quietly!"

I looked at the little paper and saw the number 4 on it. I wonder who has the other number 4. I didn't want to move and find my partner so I just sat down and looked around. I stopped when I noticed Seth was looking at me. "What number you got?" he seemed to mouth. I was about to answer when Amy called my name. "Yeah?" I said.

"What number you got?" she asked.

"I got uhm-" she cut me off when Amy immediately grabbed the little paper out of my hands.

"Can we trade please!" she said excitedly.

"Sure..." I gave her a weird look. "Why?"

"That's the same number Seth got and I want to be his partner." she blushed.

"Go for it. I don't really mind I see him often anyway."

"Really?" she said her eyes full of happiness and excitement.

"Yeah but, don't get caught by Ms BayGarde."

"Alright." she cheered happily and traded the papers.

Luckily I had Hina as my partner but somehow I think Amy had switched her number before she switched with mines. We had a lot to do so Hina was always at my place studying. Alice and everyone else felt cautious for having a human in the house but Hina was only going to be here for a few weeks so they calmed down.

The days seem to fly by so fast I hardly ever got to see Jacob with school but luckily with my vampire brain I could answer most of the questions much faster than most so I have a lot of extra free time left.

I don't know why I fell for Jacob, but I had taken a sudden interest as soon as I set eyes on him. Maybe it was his confidence, maybe it was because of how bad ass he looks sometimes, maybe it's the look he gives me, maybe its because of how I feel so comfortable around him, maybe its because of how he's always nearby and ready to listen to me but of course I don't have a lot to say to him because most of the things that occupy my mind are thoughts of him.

I just don't get it. I wonder if I had ever felt this way before and if I did, did I fall for someone like Jacob?