Chapter 10- Confronting Chester Dembling

Start from the beginning

I leaved over to hand Jaime some tip (weird I pay him anyway) and gave him a slight peck on his cheek before stepping out of the taxi, giving Jaime one last smile before stepping with my heels into the brisk night air.

I turned back once, Jaime was still parked there, and I swore there was a tiny tint of blush on his tanned cheeks.

Hehe.

**

I made my way into Cosmopolitan, knowing where I had to meet Chester, a bar in the hotel, I held my phone in one hand and slipped my aviators out of my handbag and onto my face.

I made my way through people, walking towards the direction of the bar. I had been to Cosmo enough to know my way around.

My phone vibrates initiating that I had received a text. I unlocked the phone and read the message.

"I'll be the devishly handsome one sitting at the bar, look for a red tie and raybans. -CD"

I rolled my eyes at Chester's comments, he was indeed, much like Chase.

I entered the bar area, passing through the various tables and zig zagging in between scantly dressed servers until I reached the center of the room, the bar.

There were a few people sitting, but my eyes instantly diverted to one in particular.

Crisp black suit snugged the man in the perfect way, complemented with a sleek white button down, and finally, the skinny red tie. Wayfarer RayBan sunglasses were sitting on his unfairly handsome face, a stern expression firmly put, as his face was lowered, playing attention to his phone. Light brown hair was sitting perfectly on his head, his skin was clear and crisp.

He took handsome to a whole other level.

Ladies and gentlemen, Chester Dembling.

And sure enough, the seat next to him free.

I slipped in the seat quietly, not wanting to divert attention to ourselves. Chester hadn't noticed, he was still on his phone.

I tapped a manicured fingernail on his phone screen and suddenly his eyes shot up. He set his phone down and removed his sunglasses, revealing his soft brown eyes. His stern look was quickly replaced with a gaping expression, followed by a smile that much like Chase's, made my heart flutter.

Jaime was out of my mind at that moment. In fact, all the men in this bar were gone from my sight.

How I managed not to notice Chester before I had no idea, he was absolute perfection.

Such perfection, not even Chase could compare.

"Well if it isn't Tamila Dastanos!" He exclaimed while eyeing me up and down.

"That would be me." I retorted coldly Chester just kept smiling at me but his gaze wandered freely.

What felt like an awkward eternity Chester just stared. His smile had faded but his eyes didn't leave me for second.

"When you're done gaping at me, Chester, we can actually discuss what we're both here for." I was annoyed now, I drummed my nails on the bar.

"Tamila-" his eyes met mine and I read his expressions, admiration, a twinkle of lust, and...guilt?

"No, I'm sorry. I was just expecting your brother and his conniving ways, I had no intention of coming off as a-"

"Tamila." He cut me off, reaching his hand across the bar and setting it on top of mine.

"I'm here to help you."

He lifted my hand to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to it, then placed it over his heart.