nineteen » paisley and phone numbers

a/n - i'm cringing, i know that it's been a week since i updated. i know i said i'd try to get updates up quicker and i'm sorry about that guys. it's been yet another hectic as hell week and i'm trying, i really am.

this chapter is a slight filler but it gets a lil cooler towards the end, so even if it may sound a little ramblish and irrelevant at first, i'm hoping you all stick around until the end because this chapter has yet another clue that'll help you all out later on. more suspects to add to the list, is all i'll say.

it's really interesting reading your guys' theories on what's happened to el and em, tbh :-)) what'd you guys think of emma going missing?

enjoy guys, i'm sorry i've been so off the grid lately. thanks for sticking around.

stay happy,

bri x

-

[ cara ]

I puffed my cheeks out and took a break from walking in a repetitive, endless loop of a circle around the neighborhood, the stack of "Missing ; Emma Graylinn" flyers heavy in my arms. We'd been at it for the past twenty-five minutes now and I felt like dropping to the sidewalk and playing dead - maybe some sympathetic human being would have enough pity to come drag me home.

What? This was getting depressing, okay, it's heavy on the soul.

It'd been a solid twenty four hours since Emma had gone missing and the police hadn't given us anything back yet. They were so positive and confident in ruling it a kidnapping but without any evidence to actually help support themselves, they were practically running in circles. Thus why Mrs. Graylinn, my Mom and I were currently parading around the whole community taping these flyers up - I had a really killer headache. In fact, I've been having a lot of them lately - Mom just brushes them off as side-effects of the antidepressants.

Regardless of what happened two days ago, I still really cared about Emma and I really wanted to be like, a helping part of this case but at the same time, I just wanted to go home and forget any of this ever happened. I'd just gotten released from the hospital this morning and a lot of my body was still feeling pretty sore and weak, which sucked. More so than that though, it was starting to feel like everything was just slowly beginning to pile and pile and pile - Elena and Emma are missing, Heather has a kid, I have GAD, Mali and Jack are getting married in two and a half weeks, Michael's being a douchebag towards Luke because of Emma, and I'm in love with my sister's boyfriend who doesn't love me, but thinks he loves me, which makes me think he loves me when he really doesn't love- sorry, moving on.

Piles can only get so big until they topple over, and that was my biggest fear at the moment. I was currently waiting for one more tragedy to set as the candle on top of the cake and cause everything to crumble. Any minute, now.

Elena was the first one to go missing, and now Emma was gone. Was there supposed to be a connection between both? Elena and Emma were best friends, it seems kind of ironic to think that they both went missing within the same month. What if the same person had taken both of them? Better question, why would they have kidnapped them? When it came down to it, all Elena and Emma really had was money. Elena was the daughter of the governor and Emma was the daughter of two lawyers who'd started their own company. They both had debit cards that were connected to their own bank accounts which both contained a pretty damn lot of money. If someone had threatened the both of them in exchange of money, El and Emma would've been able to give however much a person who was low enough to kidnap two teenage girls would need within the swipe of a plastic card. They both would've been freed by now, right? It wasn't clicking, none of it was making sense.