'So how does Brad feel about your pregnancy?' Melissa clasped her hands into Tessa's.

'He wants us to get married,' she took a tissue and blew at her nose.

'The crazy fool has got more chance of convincing the sun to shine at night,' Fabian murmured.

Tessa pursed her swollen lips. Fabian was the only person in the whole world who knew her like a book.  He knew she had no desire to be married.  Fabian knew after the way her father's adulterous affair was exposed, she'd sworn never to marry.  She never trusted any man, especially her own father, that's why she never did relationships.  But then she had to have had a relationship with Brad to have fallen pregnant, how did she allow that to happen?

'Have you had dinner?' Melissa placed a hand on Tessa's arm.

'No,' she shook her head.

'Tessa how about you go take a shower?  Melissa has made some steaks and a chicken salad.'

'I think you know you need to have regular meals now right?' Melissa smiled.

'Wow, I'm going to be an uncle,' Fabian cupped his palm over her stomach.

'There's nothing for you to feel,' she slapped his hand away.  'You'll have to wait about three months,' she smiled.

'What! Are you just one day pregnant?' he questioned.

'According to Dr. Janine, I'm nine weeks pregnant,' she murmured.

'You're happy right?  You're keeping this baby right?' Fabian demanded.

'Off course!  Don't be daft,' Tessa exclaimed.

'Wow, we're having a baby,' Fabian exclaimed excitedly.

'Brad and I are having a baby,' Tessa laughed.  'You'll have to make your own with Melissa.'

'Oh we plan to,' Fabian grinned, his eyes smiling at Melissa's adoringly.

Tessa looked from one to the other, 'okay somebody please fill me in.'

'Fabian asked me to marry him on Sunday, and I've accepted,' Melissa showed of her engagement ring to Tessa.

'Oh darling,' she hugged Fabian, 'I'm so happy for you.  Oh congratulations Melissa.  You are marrying the most awesome man in the world.'

'Yes, I believe you,' Melissa laughed.

'Okay Tessa,' Fabian stood up and clapped his hands.  'To the shower, you go.  You still have a wardrobe of clothes in the guest bedroom right?'

'I think I'm going to need one of your T shirts,' Tessa requested.  'I know there's a pair of slacks and denims, I've left there.'

'Okay, there you go,' Fabian handed her a polo shirt.  'Hurry, I'm starving, and baby says he's hungry too,' he winked.

Tessa smiled, as she walked into the guest shower.  Fifteen minutes later she returned all refreshed in a sexy pair of greys slacks and Fabian's navy blue polo shirt hanging loosely over her slacks.  'Oh that felt good,' she smiled.  'I feel so much better.  Hey Melissa, can I help with anything?'

'Dinner's already on the table.  We're just waiting for you,' she smiled.

'Mmm, it smells delicious,' Tessa sat down and automatically reached for a bottle of mineral water.  They were eating in Fabian's cherry wood kitchen.  A table with four chairs in beautiful baby blue contrasted with the cherry wood cupboards.  His kitchen was cosy and practical.

'Hundred bucks,' Melissa grinned, stretching her hand out to Fabian.

'What's going on?' Tessa laughed.