58, Niam - She or He?

Comenzar desde el principio

She doesn't have to know I'm BI, right?

*When they were 18 years old*

"Mum do you know if Nina's home?", I ask and she looks away. What is going on?? Since a few weeks she's like this and everytime I talk to her about Nina she tries to get away from me. What is she hiding?? And Nina was also acting strange around me. Like everybody is sharing a secret and nobody wants to tell me. "Call Maura and look if you can visit..", she says and seems to think for a second before she adds, "your best friend." "Okay..", I say sceptical and walk to the phone. I tipe in Nina's home number and wait. After some seconds I finally hear Maura's voice. "Maura Gallagher here?" "Hello Maura! I didn't hear from Nina the last week and I thought I'd call to check up on her! Is she home?", I smile. "Uhm.. maybe I should tell you something Liam.. no wait, my child should do it. Yes we're home, just come over!" Somewhat confused but also happy I tell her goodbye and that I'll be there in 10 and hang up. "I'm over by Nina! Don't know when I'm gonna be back!", I tell my Mum and kiss her on the cheek, "Bye, love you!" I put on my shoes and walk over. She doesn't lives that far away, that's why I'm not taking my car. Finally arriving, I knock at the door and Maura opens it. "Hello there, how are you doing?", she asks and lets me in. "I'm good, what about you? How is Nina?", I ask polietly and smile. "I'm fine.. Ni is upstairs showering. Said you'd come over so-", she stops for a second before continuing, "so Ni went to go and shower. You can wait in Ni's room, you know the way up." She smiles and before I can leave completely she holds me by my wrist. "Liam.. you have to promise me something before you go up there. Listen to what my child tells you and don't leave please.. we and Ni for sure, needs you right now. Okay?", she says and looks into my eyes. Confused I nod. "I'd never leave her or you. I love you both too much", I smile and give her a hug. "Okay.. now up there, go!", she smiles and I walk up the stairs. Second door right is her room. I enter it and freeze.
What? Her whole room.. changed??
Instead of the yellow wall with the mirrors on it, the light brown wood floor there is now a dark blue wall and dark brown wood floor. The furnitures changed from green and baby blue colors to black and white. And if it's not enough, the bathroom door opens and my best friend walks in. A towel around the waist. "Liam?! What are doing here already?? I'm- oh god I'm so sorry you find out this way!", my best friend says and I just stare. Where ince were boobs, is now a flat chest. I see scars where once her boobs were and I also see some changes in the face. Instead of the small chin and the female contures, they now look manly. I don't see what's under the towel but I can guess. "You have a.. you know. You aren't a girl anymore?", I ask shocked and she- sorry! -he looks down.
"I'm a boy. Hello, I'm Niall."
"What.. when.. why.." I'm still shocked and stuttering. My once best female friend is now a guy!! "I'm gonna change quick, sit on my bed and I'll tell you in a minute." Quickly he gets some clothes and disappears into the bathroom again. I sit on the bed, as told, and wait. After some minutes he's out and sits down next to me. "Well..", he begins, "When I turned 12 I felt weird. Like something didn't fit. I didn't like myself in dresses anymore, I wasn't intersted into make up or what the newest trends were.. and someday I found myself thinking of how it would be as a boy. It was weird but just the thought of it made me smile. With 13 I was sure I was born in the wrong body and I planned to tell you. But I thought you'd leave and hate me or think I'm a freak.. so I never told you. Some weeks ago Mum and me went to the doctors and they said when I'm 18 they could operate away my boobs and also my.. you know what. And I said yes. After 6 years I finally could change and be in the right body. And yes.. now here we are.." With a shy smile he looks at me and I just stare. "Oh Nin- Niall. I'm so glad you could do what you always wanted!", I say and hug him tight. I feel him wrapping his arms around me and suddenly I feel hot tears on my neck. "Don't cry, Li", he says and then I notice I'm crying myself. "You are not mad right??", he asks unsure and I shake my head. "Of course not! You are still the same person. With or without boobs, you are still my pretty little Ni.." I wipe his tears away and he blushes. "I have another secret to tell you.. I might once looked under your bed and found your diary.. I know I shouldn't have done that but I couldn't controll myself and I read some pages.. and on one of them you wrote something.." I get nervous, hopefully not- "You wrote that you love me.. well, Nina. That you love Nina." Shit. Shit shit shit shit.
"Uhh..", I blush deeply and try to hide my face but he takes my wrists. "I know I'm not a girl anymore so I have to ask.. do you still feel the same?"
"Ni.. it doesn't matter if you're a girl or a boy because.. well, I'm bi."
"So that means.. you still like me?", he asks and I see his eyes sparkling. "Yes but-", I say and he interrupts me: "That's fantastic! Absolutely amazing!! I mean, I like you too!" My smile gets big and I get nervous as I ask: "May i kiss you?" And he nods. So I put my lips on his and god. Even better than the first time we kissed! More than 10 seconds later we pull away and smile.
"I love you Li."
"I love you Niall."
~•~•~•~•~
Holy sh.t almost 2k words!! Got this amazing idea while thinking about a book I once read! Didn't think it would get this long but yay! I hope you enjoyed it!
Love, Like, Hated it?
Leave a vote and a comment please :)
Much love and thank you so much for 3k reads!! Jen xx