Chapter 24

After the whole emotional fiasco that happened, we decided to have some fun. Brian and I were looking at some records in one of the side rooms. I pulled out a record and smirked at Brian. Once he saw the song he smiled back at me. Brian and I stared dancing a little to "We Are Not Alone" by Karla DeVito. Allison was doing God knows what at the statue, but I couldn't help but to laugh. She started doing her on little dance away from it, while John Bender was on it while head banging. Brian was throwing things while we were jamming in the room. Claire was on the stairwell dancing her cares away, which is probably what all of us are doing. Andrew was sitting on the railing just tapping to the beat. We all were just doing our own little thing. Who cares in Vernon walked in, if we were from different cliques, if we were in detention, or even if things will never be the same again. We all were in our own little world at the moment. Brian grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the room and we started dancing our way out. Andy was now pulling out an air guitar and rocking the whole library like it was a stage. Bender and Allison were shuffling their feet and moving sideways to the song, then the boys got up and did there own little dancing, the girls and I then got up and did the twist across the floor. Then, Bender danced like a maniac as Allison danced all the way to the ground.

  Bender then decided to crawl back up the heating duct to go about to the closet. We all were sitting down in the railing. It was in this order: Andy, Allison, Claire, Brian, and I.

  "Brian?" Claire asked the nerd.

  "Yeah?"

  "Are you gonna write your paper?"

  "Yeah, why?"

  "Well, it's kinda a waste for all of us to write our paper, don't you think?" I know where this is going. I smirked at the scene playing right in front of me.

  "Oh, but that's what Vernon wants us to do."

  "True, but I think we'd all kinda say the same thing." I saw the look in Brian's eyes and knew he knew exactly what was going on.

  "You just don't want to write your paper, right?"

  "True, but you're the smartest, right?"

  "Oh, well," he said with obvious pride in his voice.

  "We trust you." Brian glanced over at Allison and Andrew they nodded in approval.

  "Yeah," Andrew agreed with Claire. Brian then looked at me. I smiled and nodded. "Alright, I'll do it," he said giving in.

  "Great," Claire said.

  "Some things never change, eh Red?" I asked smirking at the princess. She smiled back.

  "Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girls's gotta do," she answered back with a smile. She then looked at Allison and she looked back, "Come on."

  "Where we going?" she asked.

  "Come on," Claire said again. She looked at me, "You too." I hopped off the rail and looked at Allison. She gave in and we follow Claire. Next thing I know, Claire is giving Allison a make-over, "Don't be afraid."

  "Don't stick that in my eye!" Allison told her.

  "I'm not sticking it, just close. Just go like that." Claire closed her eyes and Allison did the same. It was an interesting scene. Allison was actually looking good. I smirked because I think a certain boy will like the look, "Good," Claire commented to Allison.

  "You know, you really do look a lot better without all that black stuff on your eyes," I told her.

  "Hey! I like all that black stuff," she said. I smiled and folded my arms.

  "This does look a lot better. Look up," Claire commanded. As I look at the two teens, my smile began to fade. What if things don't change and we all go back to our normal lives. I guess I'll find out Monday morning.

  "Please. Why're you being so nice to me?" Allison asked.

  "Because you're letting me," Claire answered simply.  

Bender's P.O.V.

  As I was waiting in the closet for Vernon to let me out, the door opened. I braced myself for Dick, but ended up with Princess Claire to the rescue.

  "You lost?" I asked her. She just kept smiling at me. I smiled back, but she said nothing. She just got closer and kissed me. She pulled away and I was shocked, "Why'd you do that?"

  "Cause I knew you wouldn't," she answered.

  "You know how you said before, how your parents used you to get back at each other?" I asked her, "Wouldn't I be outstanding in that capacity?"

  "Were you really disgusted about what I did with my lipstick?" she asked me. I smirked at the question.

  "Truth?"

  "Truth." I nodded my head and answered at the same time.

  "No."

Meloney's P.O.V.

  Allison stepped out of the room with me behind her. Brian was working on his essay and Andrew was lost in thought. Once he saw Allison though, he just started in awe. Allison was walking towards Andy, but stopped when she noticed Brian looking at her with his mouth open. I walked over to him and hit him in the back of the head.

  "Cool," he said after snapping out of it.

  "Thank you," Allison said while smiling. Brian kissed his paper once he was done. "Nice work," I said to him.

  "Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it," he said. He turned to me and stopped, "Woah."

  "What?" I asked.

  "Your eyes. I never noticed how pretty they were." I blushed like a mad man.

  "T-thanks," I stuttered out. I turned my attention back to Allison and Andrew in hope for the blush to go away quick.

  "What happened to you?" Andrew asked. Smooth.

  "Why? Claire did it! What's wrong?" Allison asked at 50 MPH.

  "Nothings's wrong, it's just so different. I can see your face."

  "Is that good or bad?"

  "It's good," Andrew said while laughing. Allison smiled at him. I felt happy for the new couple. They haven't made it official, but it's obviously going to happen. I looked at Brian. He laughed and gave himself a congratulatory punch in his arm.

"You're so cute," I mumbled to him. It was now Brian who was red. He coughed and stood up. I stood up with him.

  "Uh, Meloney? I have something to tell, well, sing to you," Brian said nervously.

  "What is it?" I asked him. He cleared his throat and looked at the ground.

  "Wise men say, 'Only fools rush in'," Brian looked into my eyes and grabbed my hands, "but I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? For I can't help falling in love with you. Like a river flows to the sea, so it goes somethings are meant to be. Take my hand. Take my whole life to. For I can't help falling in love with you." Once Brian finished I kissed him hard. My hands were then around his neck as the kiss softened. His arms were wrapped around my waste as well. I never wanted to let go, but once the door started to open, everyone jumped into their seats.