not broken just bent

Laura was troubled. She didn't know this Ross. She didn't know what he ate, how he acted, or what he wore.

So there she sat. Troubled in her bed with Ross on the couch in the next room.

She had offered for Ross sleep in the bed but he objected right away. While his brain was a lot younger, he had somehow managed to still be a gentleman. She thought backing today, her first day with him since the incident, and was still caught on something.

He didn't believe in love.

Basically what he said was that he didn't believe in them. And to say that his statement stung is an overstatement.

She then thought back to when they were together in the past. Had he said anything about not loving in their past? She wasn't sure.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of thunder striking. Now she wasn't sure if she was hallucinating or what but she suddenly saw her door crack slightly open.

"Um Laura?" He said a bit squeaky and fearful.

She responded with a quiet,"yes?"

"Um c-can I," he said with his voice waving. He took a deep breath and scratched the back of his head, something he did when he was nervous, and continued,"I don't like storms."

She almost melted right there. She realized that this Ross was basically still a little kid and like most little kids didn't like storms at all.

"Uh, you can sleep in here if you want?" She said nervously.

He just nodded shyly and went to the opposite side of the bed. That is, until another strike of thunder sounded. Out of fear, Ross found Laura and held her tight. Laura hugged him back because she knew he was scared and wanted him to know she was there for him.

Not five minutes later, Laura heard Ross slightly snoring and knew he was fast asleep. But she couldn't fall asleep.

While she was in Ross's arms and felt very peaceful at that, that same thing had been bothering her ever since he came home.

What made him believe in love?

If she knew, maybe she could get that event to reoccur and move along from there. 

........Oh no

-FLASHBACK-

"Laura!" He called her out.

She spun around and her eyes widened. Her breath caught in her throat and she turned away starting to walk in the other direction.

He ran and caught a hold of her elbow and spun her around. She was already a mess and looked like she didn't want to hear anything.

"Ross, why did you come?" She cried," this was already hard enough."

"I'm not letting you go." At that she sobbed and put her hands on her face.

"Please don't."

"No, don't you see Laura...you're my bike." I say.

"What?" She says through sobs.

"Uh, never mind. What I'm trying to say is I never knew love."

She took away her hands and looked at him.

"I have known you for four years. And while I've only dated you for one of them I have loved you for all four. Before I met you, I didn't know what love was. I met this girl and I thought I loved her. She moved away and I let her go...what she and I had wasn't love."He caressed her cheek,""We.....We are love."

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Shit.

She's the reason.

She has to fix all of this.

She looked down at the man boy in her arms and slightly smiled. She then glanced at her left hand with her finger that held a ring that meant more than anything to their relationship. This was going to be a lot of work, she thought. But dang, it's worth it.

She was going to get her Ross back.

And she has a plan on exactly how to do so.

-------------------------------

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

If you don't have a valentine, don't worry I don't either. We could all be each other's!

And I know you're probably sick of these flashback chapters but it'll get better I promise!:)

Anyways, eat lots of food and if you do have someone, tell them how much they mean to you. Even your mom. Yea, tell your mom you love her! Or dad. Or brother. Or sister. Or whatever is to your right!

-xoxo
sunshinemarano 🌹 (I'm giving you a rose)