----------

"Okay na ba 'to?"

"Yep."

"Eh eto?"

"Uhuh."

"Eh yung isa kaya..."

Batchi felt her eyes roll for the umpteenth time as Althea paced back and forth, looking for the 'perfect outfit'. Her friend grabbed a shirt here, grabbed a skirt there, and tossed everything everywhere: clothes are literally scattered in her bedroom and the short-haired girl is suppressing the urge to put a leash on her friend and tie her somewhere until she calms the fuck the down.

Because the date won't be happening for four hours and Althea is already hyperventilating.

The funny thing—at least it was funny an hour ago or so—is that Althea seems pretty unaware that she's already panicking.

"Isa pang tanong mo, itatali na talaga kita para matahimik ka lang," Batchi threatened as her friend showed up with another dress in tow. "Maganda ka kahit ano pa isuot mo, okay?" she reassured as the worried expression remained despite the semi-serious threat.

"Ewan. Maybe the green one or yung purp-"

"Althea! Kanina ka pa papalit-palit dyan! Kasing-dami na ng ka-fling mo yung na-try mong damit," she commented exasperatedly before raising an eyebrow in challenge as the other girl glared at her. "That one is fine. Seriously."

Althea sighed before tossing the dress somewhere. She then fell back on her bed with an audible, soft thud before sighing again. "I'm nervous."

"Ay talaga? Hindi obvious eh," Batchi deadpanned before sighing as the other girl sighed again. "Hindi tayo sasali sa pageant, tsong. 'Wag kang kabahan. Okay na 'yang suot mo."

In all fairness, Batchi is being honest: her friend is currently wearing a fitted, black strapless dress that ends just halfway on her thigh. With the right shoes and accessories, Althea will be a sight to behold.

She also knows that, on a normal cirsumstance, Althea won't have any problem with dressing herself up—she has quite a taste in fashion. But then again, this is not a normal cirsumstance.

"It's okay to be nervous," Batchi added kindly. "Pero tsong, kalma muna."

As the nervous wreck of a girl is about to answer, Batchi felt her pocket vibrate. She fished her phone from her pocket and frowned slightly at the message.

"Bakit?" Althea asked when she saw Batchi's expression. "Cancelled na ba?"

"Huh?" the short-haired girl absentmindedly replied before sporting a (hopefully) comforting smile. "Ay, hindi. Si Abby lang 'to. Nagpapasundo lang. Okay lang ba?" she asked, wiggling her phone.

The other girl waved a dismissive hand. "Sure. Go ahead. Dito lang naman ako."

"You sure?" Batchi asked, skeptical. "Baka kung ano gawin mo 'pag umalis ako."

"'Wag kang OA," Althea deadpanned as she her hand, shooing her friend. "Now go. 'Wag mong paghintayin si Abby."

Batchi just nodded and got up. But before she walked out the bedroom door, she turned to her friend with squinting eyes. "Umayos ka ah."

"Maayos ako," Althea mockingly reassured with a thumbs up and Batchi just rolled her eyes before closing the door on her way out.

Outside the apartment door, she immediately dialed a number.

"David!" she hissed as soon as the other line picked up. "Anong nangyari?"