31. Crowd Control Duty

Start from the beginning

Alex chuckled it off and my admiration for her increased primarily due to the fact that if someone didn't pay attention to me when I was talking and I expected them to be listening, I'd be pretty peeved. "What do you think about showing me around Los Angeles tomorrow?"

I chuckled nervously, remembering how we'd come to the subject. She had said that she had just returned from Nagasaki, Japan for filming and how she'd loved the delicacies, especially after having only tried sushi going there.So I'd asked her if she'd been to Totoraku, the Japanese restaurant in West Pico Boulevard.

"Why do you need me to show you around?" I asked her, just as I spotted Dylan across from us, surrounded by a small crowd of people, juggling autographs and the bag with what I guessed to be the refreshments. "Haven't you lived here for... what... seven, eight months?"

She nodded. "A little close to six, but I haven't really been anywhere. After all, Los Angeles is  a big city. All I've seen so far is the set, the airport, the local seven eleven and Dylan's apartment and mine."

"You can't be serious."

She nodded. "I am."

"And Dylan hasn't given you a tour of our beloved city?"

She shook her head. "No. The only time he could've was when we were filming together, but well, we didn't exactly see eye to eye back then. But now, with both our schedules, it's just hard to fit in time together and a grand old tour, y'know?"

I nodded along despite having no plausible idea how busy their schedules can be. "Okay, I'll see. After all, my schedule is technically dependent on Douglas'." I shrugged apologetically. "If not tomorrow, I'll try soon. But, I will give you a tour, that I promise." I smiled at the idea. "Especially Totoraku."

She chuckled at the offer. "Okay. I'll hold you to that, y'know?"

I nodded. "I know."

Just as the last words escaped, I felt a huge shadow behind me and suddenly something cold and wet lugged themselves on me from behind. "What the-"

Just before I screamed at the prospect of being mugged or worse, mauled, I heard Alex chuckle beside me, prompting me to think twice of that idea.

"Will!" I yelled after connecting the dots which realistically was connecting that only he could be insane enough to pull something like this and that he had gotten wet from surfing.

He chuckled deeply in my ear as he squeezed me tighter before planting a wet kiss on my cheek. "Ready to get wet, Sanders?"

If it had been anyone other than Will who said that, I would've resembled a ripe tomato at the double meaning behind his words.

"Gross, Will!" I pulled away from him as he released a loud guffaw of laughter. I turned to face him. He stood a step away from where I'd been sitting, wearing a pair of black and white board shorts that hugged his lean lower body as if it was a wet-suit and his toned waist on display. I tore my eyes away from his impressive physique to glare at my clothes, which was dry in front but from the feeling of water trickling down the back, I expected was now wet."Now you've gotten me all sticky and wet."

I could picture my bright blue bikini top now clearly displayed as if I had worn nothing above it.

Will brushed his sun-kissed wet hair back, before he smirked ,relaxed and oblivious to my dilemma . "Exactly the point, love."

"And what was the point exactly?" I folded my arms across my chest as if that could somehow prevent the show from behind.

"I'm teaching you how to surf, remember?" He nodded at his surfboard that stood upright across the beach.

"I remember you offering, but not me accepting that offer."

"I'm not taking no for an answer, Krys." He looked determined and I was just about ready to sprint away when Georgia emerged with the bag that Dylan had been holding minutes ago.

"You'll have to this time, Will," Georgia placed the bag beside Alex. "Dylan needs crowd control right now." Georgia nodded towards where Dylan was now.

My eyes drifted to land on Dylan, now surrounded by more people than before.

"Dylan can handle it," Will brushed it off before he turned back to me. "What do you say, Krys?"

"I say," I began, having spotted my opportunity to keep some distance between us, at least until I gathered up the courage to tell Will the truth. "I think Dylan needs some crowd control and you're just the guy to help him out."

Will frowned. "Alex and Georgia can handle Dylan."

"No, you nincompoop," Georgia slapped the back of his head. "Alex will cause the crowd to grow even more. That's why I need you to help me out."

"Get Douglas then."

"Are you aware of the fact that you're suggesting Douglas handle crowd control? Douglas is the heir to a multi-billion dollar business. He might as well be a celebrity."

Will grunted in frustration. "I promised Krys I'd-"

"Douglas will teach her how to surf now come," Georgia grabbed his arm, "with," she began tugging him, "me." Before I knew it, Georgia was dragging Will behind her as she made way towards Dylan and his little 'crowd problem'.

"What just hap-" I began, confused at how Georgia had accomplished the feat.

"I have no idea," Alex added before we burst out laughing.

I walked over towards her, and sat down on the edge. "Does that happen a lot?" I asked, despite having the general idea on what being a celebrity entailed. It was something else seeing it in person o seeing it on videos or photos.

"The fan thing?" Alex nodded, her smile having fallen short but still remaining. "Yeah. It's gotten even worse after we confirmed that we were dating. Something about girls going all gaga over a taken man, I guess."

"Trust me, I know," I muttered out without thinking.

"Oh," she smiled, most probably at the thought that she'd found a comrade. "You had the same problem."

I flushed. "No, not really. I... I just understand the whole appeal, I guess. I've actually never experienced either, so..."

"Either?"

"The whole taken man thing and well, dating."

"What?" Alex's smile widened. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yep. Virgin in more ways then the literal meaning." I sighed. "Actually, since my parents'...well, I found it hard for some time, letting people in. The only person I talked to for months was Nancy, my guardian. I guess despite me getting over that, I just feel comfortable with keeping up a wall when it comes to being more than friends with guys, in general."

Alex smiled encouragingly at me. "Maybe you'll get over it soon. Maybe Will can help you out with that problem."

I chuckled nervously. "No.. Will and I are... we're just friends." I looked over into the distance where he was politely explaining something to the crowd who had Dylan surrounded. "He's just like a brother to me."

"If you say so." Alex smirked as if she understood something entirely different to what I was saying.

Just before I could correct her mindset, I felt a shadow fall over me again for the second time today.

Confused, knowing Will was eight hundred meters away, I turned around, wondering who was standing behind me now.

How long have you been listening? I wanted to ask Douglas when my eyes finally rested on him. He had been listening and based on my observation  of the puddle of water pooling by his feet, he'd been listening in for quite a while.

Douglas brushed back his hair from his face, indifferent to the fact that he'd been caught red-handed, looking like a model who'd just come out of a swimwear photo-shoot.

In my state of shock and embarrassment, the words that escaped my mouth was, "Can you teach me how to surf?"