When lines blur

Kyungsoo's never met the man, though he supposes he's the closest person to the famous author. Kyungsoo's never seen his face, heard his voice, nor does Soo know even his real name. Kyungsoo is sure of one thing, though, he's completely in love with the man. Kyungsoo's fallen for him between the lines of every sentence he writes, every text and email accented with perfect grammar and punctuation, and even every hand written note Kyungsoo receives after every chapter he finishes editing. Soo's never met him, but he doesn't have to, to know he's the man he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Even if it's a relationship based solely on words and absent encounters, Kyungsoo wants to be by his side forever.

I expect you'll do this chapter justice, my dear Kyungsoo. You always do. I await your next email.

-B

Kyungsoo stares at the email he'd just received, attached with Byun B.H's latest chapter for his upcoming novel.

B.H. has insisted on sending each chapter in one by one for this book, because he said "your notes help me move forward in my stories" ... or at least he had texted this.

Kyungsoo smiles. The fact that B.H. trusts him enough to take his ideas and opinions over his writing is huge for the small, quiet man. Kyungsoo is one of the few people who actually has open communication with the author and as far as he know's he's the closest person to the best seller.

Kyungsoo is a head editor at Wolf Publishings, a publishing house that has produced many of brilliant and award winning books since it's creation many years ago. B.H. Is one of their many award winning authors, but he's also the most popular.

Theres a magnificent flow to B.H.'s writing, it transports you, makes you feel things you thought forgotten, but that's not the only reason people love his novels. There's a sort of mysterious quality around B.H.'s existence. No one has ever met him, even his most trusted advisor, Do Kyungsoo, who has been entrusted to handle every bit of B.H.'s affairs. In fact Kyungsoo hasn't worked on anything but B.H.'s work for the past five years. B.H. Insists that Kyungsoo deal exclusively with his works and his works alone.

B.H. Doesn't like to have direct contact with people either and hasn't nor will he reveal his true identity. The only one he's willing to talk to, is Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo remembers fondly, the one time his boss Junmyeon had sent B an email about a book cover selection and B had sent a reply back to Kyungsoo answering Junmyeon's email. That was the last time anyone attempted contact towards B outside of his fandom of course.

B has quiet the following and Kyungsoo sometimes gets flustered at fan mail he gets sent in the writers favor. He forwards it all to B of course, but takes the liberty to read an occasional one.

B was amused when Kyungsoo confessed such, stating "don't be bothered with dirty fantasies of horny little house wives. I pay them no mind, my darling Kyungsoo"

The other editors who had once dealt with B before he demanded to exclusively be handled by Kyungsoo always seem in awe when he forwards them B's emails with instructions or suggestions in them. They always comment on how casual and personal they sound, but Kyungsoo just insists it's because their relationship has developed over the years. They've been together too long to be formal to one another.

He still fondly reminisces the night he stayed up till 2 am talking to the writer who had writers block and needed a distraction. They had talked about everything and anything that night and he felt like he shared a bit of his soul with B that night.

"This was inspired by you, my beautiful Kyungsoo. I hope you can see yourself the way I see you with this latest story" B had told him a week later when he presented Kyungsoo with his first chapter to his latest book.