Den space

The month was April . I hadn't really had much to eat that day and strangely, I could feel summer slowly crawling in.

" hey Rosetta"  my best friend called. I noticed she was in quite an amazing mood, considering the fact that she just experienced a totally heartless break up about four days ago.

"You look awful happy today" I said with a grin " did something happen?"

"O it's nothing, nothing at all" Tiffany blushed

When ever she said nothing and  'at all'  came after, something was most definitely up and besides, she was blushing.

"So Fan, nothing out of the ordinary happened, but somehow you look like siracha?"

Fan.

The pet name i had given her. Honestly i wasn't good with coming up with names. This wasn't my best work but we had just rolled with it for so long it became our thing. its funny now thant i think about it  she didn't even have a nickname for me. 

"you can't force these things" she would say. I on the other hand, just liked to hurry things along. i was impatient a trait i had clearly inherited from my grandma.

"i got a job" she shrieked.

" wait for real? where ?" i asked with excitement

"wait for it... wait for it..." with palms facing me, " The Hippy... Princess" she slowly spread her arms apart as though she had created an invisible banner with the store's name.

I gotta say i wasn't impressed. but no where in hell was i gonna let her know that. she had been looking for a job for a while since she got kicked out.And this was her first one.  

"Con-gra-tu-la-tions girl. you doing us proud securing that bag. next up Mexico!!"

"Mexico? why Why Mexico? " she laughed  

"pfft waddaya mean why mexico.  Cause.. cause.. it's Mexico"

she looked unipressed 

"dont gimme that look, they have... they have " i snapped my fingers as i tried to think of something interesting the mexicans had.. i got it 

"CINCO DE MAYO!!"

"Cinco de mayo" she said still unimpressed. 

I gotta say Fan, I loved Fan but she  was a difficult one to please . i Was really hoping she would just roll with it but noooo here i was looking for reasons to justify my  call to go to Mexico. 

"Yup CiNkO dE MaYo gurl " 

"Rosetta you do know what it's about right?" she asked with one eyebrow raised " Pfft of course of course.. its a celebration " i said sheepishly 

"yeah but of what?"

"you know what i give up"

"well lemme enlighten you"

"ugh here we go."

"its a celebration to commemorate the mexican army's victory over the french army at the battle of P- something... ah Perubia" she beamed with pride as she replied sternly 

"why do you sound pissed" i asked 

"well i'm French..."

this was getting funny but i really couldn't tell if she was bullshiting. i mean french?  i had heard some rubbish from Fan but this, i had to see where she was going with it so i played along  as i tried to suppress my chortles.

" okay if you're french say something. anything"

the challenge was on. she didn't look comfortable 

" okay fine  i mean i don't have to prove anything to you but  since you're so thirsty for my french  here goes" 

" Arhem" she cleared her throat. "Arhem"  she did it again 

"well get on with it"

"Parlez Vous...Francis"

da fuck !

 I bust out laughing it was too much to hold in. 

"Francis? who the hell is Francis " i chortled "i thought you said you were french?"

"yeah... but on my uncles side."