Chapter Seven

We all turned and raised our guns up . We slowly made our way over to the counter with Ray in the lead of corse .

" Oh my god " Ray said under his breath . There on the floor was a man but his legs were torn off. He was slumped against the counter .

" Are you ok ?" Mr.Smith asked it seemed very dumb question seeing as his legs were torn from his torso and he is sitting in a pool of blood . The man was wearing a white lab coat that was mostly red and brown from dried blood . His name tag was still in tact . I read it and it said - Dr. O'Conner Edwards III .

" Water " He whispered . Alex fumbled around and gave him her bottle of water . He quickly drunk it down and let it run down his neck . He finished with a satisfied sigh and dropped the empty bottle .

" What happened here ?" Cal spoke up .

" I'm not suppose to tell you this but I'm going to die in a couple of hours anyway. " He sat up straighter " What happened here was nothing but death . The subjects got loose and murdered us . Some of the others ran some stayed to fight but in the end they all ended up dead or got turned . " He said simply .

" Your the doctor that left the computer on can you tell us why this all started ? " Tommy asked .

" Yes I am , I'm Dr. Edwards III this all started when we went to war with Iraq . The government saw that we needed something else to aid and protect us . They decided to creat super humans . " I casted my eyes to Cal who tensed at the words super human . Dr. Edwards started again . " We started to work on it . The name of it was VEX the initial purpose of the project was to give regular humans extreme powers ranging from super strength to being able to see in the dark to sensitive hearing and eyesight . There were many powers . We tested it on mice then dogs then eventually chimpanzees seeing as they are our closest relatives . It worked on all organisms , they were ok but after one hour they started to change and growl . They bit many scientist many were my close friends . Anyway and so it spread like wild fire within the first day many were sick but we are guessing that when it hit the public the CDC of this state decided that it was the common flu and advised you guys . This virus has some of the flu symptoms . But as time progressed people started to show signs of the VEX virus and became vicious . With in hours the president ordered an evacuation but that just turned to chaos . There is no cure to this it cannot be undone . " He said coughing the last bit .

" The infected as you call them are very carnivorous and will eat anything that looks remotely human . If there isn't a humane source of food out there then they will eat other animals . If there are no other animals they will eat each other , than if there are no other infected around they will eat themselves . Even if they are full they will bite you to just infect you . " He was wheezing now

" What if someone was immune ? Or got bit but doesn't show any signs of the virus . " Cal asked I knew he would .

" That still wouldn't be a cure for it but if the person or subject was immune they would inherit the powers that come with it . That wouldn't be a cure it would just work as it did on the other animals. This virus was created so that enemy's couldn't find any weakness and make a cure to stop us . There will never be a cure for this virus . That's how it was made . The government knew of the consequences but still encouraged us to go through with it . The president has abandoned the country all together . This is the end you can't escape them . They get smarter as time progresses they will take over and become smarter than the average human . !! " He said almost yelling . He stopped talking and just sat still. Roy put his foot out and nudged him he didn't move . He was dead .

" Damn it ! " Cal said cursing . We left the tent and found the rest of the group looking around in another tent . We met up with them and told them everything that we heard . We even showed them the notes the doctor had left . But what really surprised me was when Cal came out and told everyone he was immune and that he had super powers . Everyone was shocked just like I expected .