Chapter Five

" Over here ! " A voice said, I heard three gun shots which rang my ears.

The last I remember was being jerked from the car then passing out...

I woke up in a small room. I looked around and saw that I was in some kind of child's room. I tried to sit up on the small cot but fell back down as a pounding sensation filled my head. I turned to my left and saw Cal I think lying on his back. I tried once again and sat up trying my best to ignore the pain. Where is everyone else ? Are they even alive ? My family - no they can't be dead not Mom and Dad please not Gabe. I slowly got off the bed, I still had my clothes on. I looked out the window the sun was setting now and the street lights were flickering on. I got on my feet and walked over to the bed Cal was in. I shook him awake.

" What ! Owww!" He said sitting straight up in his bed then holding his head in his hands.

" Where are we ? " He said shaking it off and getting up. He had a cut or something on his arm but it was patched up.

" What's that ?" I said grabbing his arm. He looked down and he was confused also.

" I don't know but where is everyone ? " He said rubbing his arm, I cracked the door open. Just enough for me to see the dimly lit hallway. There were four other doors including ours. One was cracked like ours. I stepped out into the hall with Cal behind me. I walked the five feet to the other door that was across from us it was cracked. I slowly opened it. It was similar to ours two beds up against opposite walls with a window in between it. On one bed was what I think was Ellie and the other Tommy.

" We need to wake them to figure this out and find your parents . " Cal said gently pushing me to the side and walking in the small room.

" Ellie, little rock wake up " Cal said gently shoving her. She awoke yawning, I went to Tommy's bed and shoved him not so gently.

" What! " He said frowning but slowly getting up.

" My head hurts Cally " Ellie said, I smiled at her nick name for him.

" Where are we ? " Tommy asked holding his head. He had some scratches on his right cheek. And a bruise on his forehead. We explained to him that we don't know.

" Come on your parents are around here somewhere " Cal said walking through the door and across the hall to the door that was next to ours. He opened it and long and behold there were my parents.

" Mom, Dad wake up ! " I said, Shaking my mother.

" Huhh? " My father said sitting up, he looked around confused.

" Honey ? " Mom said also sitting up.

" Where are we and where is Gabe ? " My mom said looking around the room.

" I don't know, all I remember is people yelling and then everything went black. " I said.

" Same here " Cal said picking Ellie up l.

" Me too " Tommy said running his hand through his hair.

" Yup " Dad said, we all got up and went to check the forth room but it was only a bathroom. We then walked down the long hallway to an open room. There were four people sitting on the couches talking quietly and some woman was rocking Gabe. They all looked up as we poured through the hallway opening.

" Gabe ! " Mom shrieked and he turned his head at her voice and returned it with a ma ma. She walked over and took him from the woman who just sat there staring at us.

" Who are you guys ?" Dad asked seriously, we all just stood there looking at each other.

" I'm Gregory and this is my wife Amy " A man with brown hair and gray eyes said then pointed to his wife who had black hair and light blue eyes. She was built big too.