Chapter Thirteen

ALIA P.O.V

''Ugh!'' I slide everything off of the table. ''I ask you to do one job, and you blew it.'' I look at Reed.

''Do you know how powerful she is?'' He ignores me.

''Yes, I do. Don't you have the same magic, it should be easy to take her down.'' I sit next to him.

''No, ever since she woke up from the dead, she's like the female version of Hercules, just with powers.'' He places his magazine down and looks at me.

''Listen, Reed, I love you. You are my husband, and I don't want to kill you before our honeymoon.'' I kiss his forehead. I stand up and go over to my laptop. I have been trying to track this imbecile of a girl for days now, and it's like she completely went off the grid. If she did, I have to get that book, and I will do anything to get that stupid yet highly important book from her to restore my brother's powers.

END 

I kick the window open and slip inside the small cabin. I have a friend, who's parents owns a cabin in Australia. I took a flight late last night and went down there. I didn't tell him what it was for, just that I need a place to stay for a business trip. Honestly, I was trying to stay away from my house in general. My parents kept on calling my phone, talking about come home right now. Zane, was currently over, trying to get some answers out of me. I met Zane in freshman year, of high school. He moved to Australia, beginning of the senior year. I know he has liked me for a while now, yet that wasn't on my mind. getting somewhere I wouldn't be bothered, is my concern.

''Why are you here?'' He was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

''For a reason, I can't tell you.'' I continued flipping through the channels.

''Come on Jen. We have been friends for four years.'' He pleads.

''That won't make me tell you.'' I smile.

''Please.'' He leans on the counter. I was starting to get really annoyed.

''Do you understand no!'' I shout at him.

''Sorry. I won't ask again.'' He turns around. I get up, and around to corner and into the guest room where I was staying.

I lay on the bed, and start sketching. I guess, since I can't find anything else to do as a hobby, I tried sketching and frankly I'm amazing at it. I hear a knock at the door.

''I'm sorry.'' I quickly say.

''No problem. I understand if you don't want to talk.'' Zane came in. He took a seat right next to me on the bed.

''What?''I ask. He kept on looking at me.

''You're a good drawer.'' He grabs the book from me. He will never change. Playful Zane.

''I was using that.'' I stand up. I quickly realize that I could trust Zane, and I should tell him what has been going on n my life the past year he left.

''Too bad.'' He smiles.

''Can I tell you something?'' I ask.

''Sure.'' He starts flipping the pages looking at all my sketches.

''I'm a witch.'' I blurt out.

''Well duh.'' He looks down at me.

''Wait you knew?'' I look around. I never told him and I doubt he has powers himself.

''Jen, I'm a warlock myself.'' He smiles shaking his head.

''Then why you let me make a fool of myself all this time.'' I smack him on the shoulder.

''I didn't think that that was the issue you came hiding in my cabin for.'' He hit me back.

''Well, it is. I'm trying to kill three people.'' I say bluntly as if what I just said represents my sane character.

''Jen, don't get ahead f your self. Three people are too much.'' He holds on my shoulder. Before I could answer, my phone rings.

'Hello.' I speak.

'Hello, Jen. I have been trying to locate you, and I can't do that. If you don't surrender the spellbook, your family gets it.' I hear Alia. Before I can answer, she hangs up.

''What happened?'' Zane looks at me.

''I'm going to slowly rip her guts out, and slowly drag it down her throat.'' The pencil that I was holding, turned into ashes.

''Oh wow.'' He slowly places the book down.

''We have to leave right now.'' I grab the car keys and walk out the door.

''Wait! You can't do this.'' He tells me as I get in the car.

''Either you're coming or not.'' I close the door and start the car.

''Fine.'' He grunts and takes a seat in the car.

''Can I immediately kill her when we get there?'' I step on the gas pedal.

''Slows down. You are going to kill both of us.'' He grips my shoulders.

''Fine. Calm down.'' I slow down and pull up to the airport driveway. We step out, and we get on the quickest flight back to America. It took a long time to fly back, like 23 hours or so. When I got there, we went to a hotel to sleep the night out, and tomorrow morning I'm going to rip Alia, Reed, and Kal apart. They are going to wish they never messed with my family. And if she lays a finger on my parents, she will wish she never met me as a friend. I shut my mind off, get under the sheets and scoot over to where Zane is laying. I position my head under his chin, and he wraps his arm around me. This would be perfect, only if we were like this forever and I didn't have to worry about Alia, Kal, my own brother turning against me and my parents being in danger. Ugh. Who knew that having simple magic could have thrown me into this huge mess. Why is my life so complicated? I turn over, throw my arm over Zane's torso, and fall asleep.