3.

One Month later...

I've witnessed, learned, practiced, and so far retained, a lot about the new world I was introduced to. It is becoming a little clustered in my brain, all the different feelings and emotions I'm going through, brought me the decision of getting a journal. I intended to go out to buy one until I found one in the attic. The cover is spelled, NEBULA. And it is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

''Everything feels surreal. I'm not sure if my life is supposed to feel like a movie, but at this moment, that's what it is feeling like. I was introduced to this world that has been under my nose the whole time. My mother is a pain in the ass and has had me working day and night. Don't get me wrong, I want to improve and grow on my powers, and learn as much as my brain can possibly handle. But at the pace I'm being pushed to go, I'll burn out before anything.''

As I close the book, deciding to finally go downstairs back to the daunting torture, I hear heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. I throw the book in a non-suspicious corner, and stand up, heading to the door.

''What are you doing up here?'' I hear Parker's voice, as he peaks his head through the door.

''I don't want to be found. Obviously.'' I laugh nervously.

''Your mom is looking for you.'' He points to the door.

''I feel like ripping my hair out. This is too much.'' I sigh, gripping dramatically at my roots.

''Celeste...'' He walks over, removing my hands from my hair. He falls to the floor with me, hugging me onto his lap. ''Talk to your mom. I'm sure she'll understand how overwhelming this can be for you.'' He rubs my shoulders with empathy.

''Celeste Rossy!'' I hear my name from downstairs.

''Yeah, clearly she'll understand,'' I say standing up from his hold. I walk out of the door and down the stairs. I quickly walk to my room and close the door. ''Evanescet.'' I whisper a disappearing spell I learned two weeks ago. I'm not the best at it, but it's one of the spells I've shown promise at, so I hope it works. The door swings open and I bite back a gasp at how startled I became.

I watch intently as Kaz walks past me and I stare right at her. ''I guess it works.'' She goes into the bathroom, looks in the tub, the cabinet, in my closet, until deciding to leave out of frustration.

''Seriously, Celeste. Come out!'' She yells in the hallway.

''Videtur'' I speak loudly, before stepping out of the room and standing behind her. She turns around and jumps at my unexpected presence.

''What the hell is wrong with you! This isn't a fucking game.'' She snaps.

''It's fun to me.'' I shrug.

''Everyone is looking for you.'' She yanks my arm and drags me behind her, and down the stairs. Athena and Julius are standing there, staring at me. Fuming, with possible smoke readying itself to blow out of them.

''Why did you run out of the attic like that?'' Parker

''Jesus Parker, shut up!'' I snap. I swear everyone in this house is destined to piss me off or overwhelm me.

''What? Why were you in the attic?'' Mom asks.

''I needed some peace and quiet. Something I clearly haven't been able to enjoy for the past month.'' I roll my eyes.

''You know damn well, you aren't allowed up there Celeste.'' My father joins in.

''I'm not allowed in a dusty room filled with old boxes, containing irrelevant family memorabilia?'' I raise an eyebrow. ''Like, I never understood that rule. Why?''

''Because we said so!'' They snap in unison.

''See, this... this is why I ran off.'' I point at them.

''Celeste, we are trying to help you. What is with the attitude?'' Kaz jumps in.

''Kaz, with all due respect. Stay out of this.'' I shoot her a warning glare.

''You're wasting time.'' My mom goes to grab my hand, but I back away.

''I do not want to do this anymore. You guys are rushing me to learn this, and that-''

''You're a Rossy-''

''I didn't ask to be one. I didn't ask for any of this! Parker, Kaz, you, dad, grandma, and whoever else may be happy being thrown into such an unfamiliar world with no warning, but I'm not.'' I cut mom off. ''I don't even know half of the story behind these powers. Honestly, just let me be.'' I say before walking past Parker and head to the door.

''Celeste-''

''Parker, please.'' I cut him off. I grab my keys on the table and walk out.

*

I drive, and drive, and drive until I have no more road. The car is going a dangerous 100mph in 60mph and my feet feel heavy on the gas. My mind is elsewhere, and the ending road before my eyes is non-recognizable.

''Celeste!'' An internal scream goes off in my head. I come back to reality and take a sharp turn to halt the car before I go flying off the side of the highway.

''Jesus fucking Christ Celeste! Are you trying to kill yourself?'' I scold myself loudly. The car is untouched, thankfully, but I need to get off the road. ''Where should I even go?'' I think to myself.

Getting an idea, I pull out my phone, and unsurprisingly, I have over 40 missed calls from everyone combined. I type in the family cabin's address -it's a 40-minute drive from the city- and the last time I was there, I was 10. I have never driven myself, and I'm not sure I fully remember the road, but we'll see.

By the time, I got to the cabin, it's already dark. My phone has not stopped ringing the whole way there, and I'm wondering when they're going to stop calling me.

*Ring

''Jesus...'' I snap. I grab the phone from the table and long-press the home button, shutting it off. I have school tomorrow and these people are going to drive me insane.

8:00 am...

I pull up into the school parking lot, dressed in some old clothes of my mom when she was younger. These clothes have been in that cabin for lord knows how long. I had to spray half a bottle of perfume on myself to get rid of that... -come ce dise?- vintage smell.

I step out of the car and my eyes immediately land on Parker. I pull the hoodie over my head some more, and speed walk past him. ''Don't notice me, don't notice me, don't-''

''Celeste?''

''Shit.'' I curse under my breath. ''Keep walking.'' I ignore his voice.

''Celeste.'' I feel the hand yank me around. Parker's eyes land right in mine.

''What?''

''Where have you been?'' He asks.

''Parker, I have a class to go to-''

''Everyone was up worrying about you. I was up worrying about you-''

''Parker, please. For once in your life, since this relationship began, don't worry about me. Don't follow me, don't look for me, I'm fine. I didn't sleep on the streets last night, and that's all you need to know. Now, can I go to class?'' I ask as I peel his fingers off me and walk off.