Chapter 6

I pulled back from the kiss gasping for air. "Where were you this whole time?" I asked him. "Texas. I was visiting my friends Peter and Charlotte." He told me. "Oh, you missed a lot while you were gone." I said. "Like what?" He asked. "Well, I became an orphan. I tried to commit suicide. I was unconscious for most of the time. I slept a lot." I explained.
"Yeah, there was more than that." Emmett said elbowing Edward. "What?" I said peeking around Jasper's shoulder. "Great. Thanks Emmett." Edward muttered. "What did you do?" I asked getting angry. "Who do you think dressed you. Rosalie and Alice weren't there already." He told me. I squirmed out of Jasper's arms. This was my first time walking in awhile.
I marched over to Emmett as I fell. He caught me, laughing, and stood me back up. "You should have heard what he was thinking!" Edward said. "You little butt! What did you do to me!" I screamed at him. "Hey, if it makes you feel any better, you're not the first naked woman I've ever seen." He admitted. "Yeah cause that helps!" I said throwing my one hand up in the air.
Jasper sent a calm wave over me and grabbed me by the arm leading me to him. He picked me up and swung me to the his side like a baby. "Carlisle, can I go show Addie something?" He asked. "You may." Carlisle allowed him. My family parted making an entrance to the door. They all were beaming with smiles.
   I wheeled my IV down the hall until Jasper carried it down the stairs for me. He carried both me and my IV outside and through the forest. He walked into a clearing in the woods where there was music playing. I recognized the songs as Turning Page by Sleeping At Last. He set my IV down on the ground and danced with me in his arms.
As the song faded to an end he set me down gently on the ground. The songs switched and on came Canon in D. He pulled out a silver box and got down on one knee. "Adeline Marie Bale, I know will be long enough, but will you do me the honors of marrying me?" He asked. I had tears streaming down my face now. I chocked back the tears and answered him. "Yes," I said nodding my head.
   He picked me up and kissed me passionately on the lips. He took my hand and my IV and walked me over to a small pond where lights hung from a tree. He sat down on the ground pulling me onto his lap. He rocked back and forth as I drifted off into a peaceful slumber dreaming of our future.

     Jasper watched her as she slept soundly. He looked down at his watch to see it read 9:57 pm. He slowly stood up trying not to wake her. He carried her bridal style with her resting her head on his arm and the other arm carrying the IV that was getting her to nutrition she needed.
   He walked over and turned off the music and lights and carried her back to the house. Jasper went inside where his family sat through out the living room. Edward reading, Carlisle and Esme playing chess, Alice organizing stuff on the mantel, Emmett watching tv, and Rosalie fiddling with her hair.
   "She fell asleep." Alice chuckled. "Yeah," Jasper replied. "What did she say?" Carlisle asked looking up from the game. "She said yes," Jasper informed them. "Good for you kid." Emmett told him. "Alice, Rosalie, can one of you help me get her into something more comfortable. I'm sure she doesn't feel like sleeping in her running outfit." Jasper asked. "Yeah, come on rose." Alice said walking away from her work.
   Rose, Jasper, and Alice all went upstairs to help Adeline. Jasper sat her on the bed propping her up. He turned around as Alice pulled her shirt off. Rose slipped her shorts off. Alice picked her out a pair of short pajama shorts that were to short for Jasper's preference but rose liked it. She also decided on a black transparent pajama shirt. Rose thought it made her look sexy.
Alice and Rosalie left the room leaving Jasper and Adeline alone. Jasper had put her to bed and walked downstairs. He took a seat on the couch next to Emmett. Alice's face went blank. She put the vase back up on the mantel and turned to face them. "It's coming. She will become one of us in three days." She told them. "She's dreaming about being one of us at the moment as well." Edward commented.
  "Well, the best thing to do is prepare ourselves." Carlisle said. "Is there a way to stop it?" Emmett asked. "Maybe. We would need someone to be with Addie at all times." He explained. "Whoever isn't with Addie must be hunting. We can't take any risk." Carlisle told them. Jasper nodded and thought about Addie sleeping up there.

    I came downstairs in the middle of the night thinking about my dream. I wheeled my loud IV down the hall as I clicked behind me. I carried it down the steps with me and wheel it into the living room. Edward read my thoughts and stared at me. I put my finger to my nose to signal him to be quiet. He nodded and looked away. I walked over and sat down on Jasper's lap pulling my IV. "Good morning. You're up early." He said as I sat down. "I'm not tried anymore." I told him. "You've been sleeping a lot and the medicine has worn off. How are you feeling?" Carlisle asked me. "Not tired but sleepily or drowsy." I explained. "You did just wake up so..." He trailed off.

I sat on Jasper's lap for another two hours in silence. "Why don't you get some sleep love. You don't have to go to school." He told me. "I'm not tired." I explained. "Please." He begged. "No," I said trying to end the conversation. "Just try. We will help you. Edward will play the piano we'll turn off the lights." He said. "But then you can't see." I reminded him. "Vampires." Emmett commented. "Please, just try. For me?" He asked. "Fine," I said giving in.
Jasper pulled me to his chest and I laid my head down on him. Edward started playing the piano and Esme turned the lights out. He slowly rocked me back and forth.
I lost track of time. Was it minutes? Hours? Edward continued playing the piano and the lights stayed out. Jasper rocking no me back and forth, everyone silent. Carlisle finally broke the silence. "Adeline, it's time for more medicine sweetie." He said getting up. "No!" I scream wiggling on Jasper's arms.
Carlisle walked in with the syringe. I screamed and struggled to get out of Jasper's grip. Emmett had to come over now as Jasper held me and Emmett pinned me to his chest. Carlisle inserted the painful needle in my neck as I cried, kicked, screamed, and sobbed all at the same time. I got tangled in my IV cord which knocked over the cart and pulled it out of my hand. I continued screaming as I chocked on my tears.
The pain was awful. A scream got caught in my throat causing me to gag. Emmett had to hold me down as I leaned over and threw up. "Jasper take her up to my office." Carlisle instructed. I kicked and screamed harder than ever. This caused everyone to feel bad for me. Emmett had to help Jasper carry me upstairs. I continued to punch and kick and scream and sob. Edward ran over to us and helped me as well.
They placed me on the bed and they all had to hold me down until Carlisle came up. I started chocking again. Full on chocking which led to me coughing and throwing up.
Carlisle came up and staved the IV in my hand which made me cry hysterically. He then hung another bag up on the rack. He filled it with a medicine that would make me go numb and knock me out. He put a tube down my nose and down my throat which made me choke and throw up even more. He connected the tube and bag and got it started.
I slowly started loosing feeling as I still twitched, sobbed, and screamed. Eventually everything went black around the sides until I was fully entered into darkness.