Chapter 5: The Arrival

Addie's POV

   I woke up to a dark sky. The door cracked open and Carlisle came in to check on me. "Can I call him now?" I asked him. "Not now. You just woke up." He said. "Please?" I begged. "Fine... But you need to eat first. I sat up and noticed I was wearing my Pink sport outfit.
   I pulled back the blanket on the bed and flipped my legs over the bed. I tried to stand up by Carlisle came over and picked me up. He carried me downstairs and into the kitchen. I saw the clock on the oven reading 2:36 am.
  He sat me down in a chair and stared making a grilled cheese. He slid the steaming plate in front of me. I ate as fast as I could. I burnt my tongue but I didn't care, I just wanted to hear Jasper's voice. I finished the sandwich and pushed the chair away from the table. Carlisle picked me up and carried me into the living room where everyone was.
He sat me down on the couch next to Emmett. He pulled out his phone and dialed Jasper's number. The phone started to ring and he handed it to me. I put up to my ear waiting for him to answer. I rang for what felt like centuries but finally he picked up.
"Hello?"
"JASPER!"
"Hey baby."
"You answered!"
"Sorry I was in the middle of packing my bag and I couldn't find my phone."
"No, no. I'm so happy you answered. when will you leave Texas?"
"I am taking off tomorrow night. Right after the sun sets."
"Yay! I can't wait to see you."
"Well, I'm sure you are tired. I will let you sleep."
"No! Don't hang up. I'm not tired. I want to talk to you!"
"*laughs* okay. So... What do you want to talk about?"
"Where have you been? *yawns*"
"Um... Well? Adeline? Adeline?"
Carlisle takes the phone out of sleeping Addie's hand.
"Hello. Sorry the medicine I have her on makes her very sleepy."
"That's okay. Did you tell her I was in Texas?"
"Yes, you are apparently visiting Peter and Charlotte."
"Yeah, I wish. Should I tell her?"
"No, you are in Texas. We can't do this to her."
"Okay, well I will see you all Thursday. Take good care of her. Tell her I love her."
"I will. Goodbye Jasper. I will see you Thursday."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye"

Carlisle hung up the phone. He sighed and looked around the room. Addie rolled over on her side with her shoulder arm brushing Emmett's.
   She continued to sleep as her body would shift positions. Before she woke up she ended up with her feet dangling off the edge of the couch and her head on Emmett's lap. She twitched a little and then sat up.

   "Is he here!" I exclaimed sitting up from my slumber. "He will be here when you wake up in the morning." Emmett informed me. "Okay." I said putting my head back down. "Do you want something to eat?" Esme asked me. I shook my head no and closed my eyes and drifted back off to sleep.

   I woke up again in laying back on the hospital bed with an IV in my hand. I rolled over to see the light coming through the open doors of the balcony. Carlisle sat in a chair next to my bed. "Can I call him now?" I asked. "Here." He said handing me a phone. I put the phone up to my ear. It rang and he picked it up.
"Jasper?"
"Hello Adeline."
"Where are you!"
"Look outside."
"What!"
  I dropped the phone and pulled the blanket back. Carlisle picked me up and I wheeled the IV with us. He walked over to the balcony where Jasper stood in the yard looking up at us.
  "JASPER!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Hello there beautiful." He responded. "Get up here!" I yelled. He disappeared through the back door. He ran upstairs followed by the rest of my family.
  He held his arms out and Carlisle handed me to him. I pulled my IV with me as he held me. I threw my arms around him. "You're here. You're really here!" I exclaimed. I was now crying. "Look at me." I said putting my finger under his chin moving now his face to mine.
"I love you!" I told him. "I love you more." He said leaning in to kiss me. "I love you most." I said as he kissed me. "I beg to differ." He replied. I laughed and kissed him back.