The Swordsman And The Cop

Kenshin walked up the hill, his kimono blowing in the wind. He still hated leaving Karou alone with Kenji sick. But he had to do this for Misao. He had overheard that Aoshi had been badly injured in a dog attack.

Kenshin didn't want Misao to be hurt if she overhead as well, so he was going to check it out.

He was already in Kyoto, just not the place he needed to be. He felt chills run down his spine when he heard a voice behind him. "Sir, you do know that you are not supposed to have a sword in public, it is against eticuit.". Kenshin turned around to see a Kyoto Police Officer.

Kenshin smiled, " I'm sorry officer, but it isn't an actual sword, you see mine couldn't hurt a fly, much less kill a human being." He said. The officer stared at him. "Who do you think I am? Because I am not falling for another one of those lies... I am surprised that you aren't calling yourself, Battousai the Slasher." He said.

Kenshin froze in his steps. "So they have been calling themselves Battousai the Slasher?" he asked. The officer nodded. "Well sir, I'm sorry to say, I am not Battousai and I won't tell you lies, my name is simply Kenshin Himura, I'm coming to Kyoto to compete with my master, visit some people, and find out about my friend who is ill" he said, lying only slightly.

"Well Mr. Himura, you have a nice day. I am glad that you would not lie," the officer said, turning around, and walking away.