Chapter 1: The love letter.

Maryam was in the library when she first heard the sound. When Erin came around the book stack, she gave a sigh of relief.

"Did you hear that?" Erin asked.

"I thought it was you," Maryam said.

The girls listened together for a second. There it was – a thump.

"Let us help you," Said Erin.

Rob accepted their help and stood up, beaming at the two sisters, his brilliant blue eyes shining through the dimness.

As Erin picked up the second book, she noticed a piece of paper sticking out. She swiftly plucked it out and put it in her back pocket before handing the book back to the librarian.

"Thanks," He said.

Maryam smiled and turned away, pulling Erin to a table near the back of the library.

"Show me." She demanded once they were seated.

Erin looked at her questioningly and Maryam just rolled her eyes.

"The paper," Maryam explained.

Erinunfolded it and quietly read it to her sister.    

Erin's blood froze as she examined the words of the 'love' letter

Erin's blood froze as she examined the words of the 'love' letter. What did it mean? Was this some sort of sick joke? Or was it a twisted Romeo & Juliet tribute? Was there actually an unclaimed body hidden underground? Erin shook the morbid thoughts from her head while Maryam just stood there, baffled. Erin turned the paper over and gasped, horrified. There was a single fingerprint, etched in red liquid. The girls had never felt more uncertain. They feared the worst and yet, the excitement was overwhelming.

Theywere going on a treasure hunt.