"There can't be Lauren if there's no Ariana?"

"I would have never knew Lauren was for me if I ended things with Ari too quickly."

-

Lauren had a big smile on her face as she held her finished speech in her hands. With all the finals out of the way she finally had time to write. She had worked all Sunday night and used up her study hall to finalize everything. She walked briskly through the halls excited to show her girlfriend. It was lunchtime and Camila always waited for her at her locker.

She wrote the speech with all her heart. It had everything she wanted to share with her whole class. Something very special. Once she reached her locker her smile faltered and abruptly stopped her tracks. Her eyes set dead on her girlfriend against the lockers with her lips locked on Ariana's. She gaped at the scene. This can't be real. She thought. It felt like hours when she saw Camila eventually pushing the cheerleader off her.

Camila used the back of her hand to wipe her lips off. She then pushed Ariana back more aggressively before turning her head to check if anyone had seen. She had to do a double take to realize that Lauren had witnessed the kiss. Brown orbs widened but she remained frozen.

Ariana looked at what Camila was staring at and went pale when she saw Lauren. It was dead silent between the three of them. So quiet that you could hear Lauren's heart breaking into pieces.

The green-eyed girl crumpled the paper she held in her hands and stormed off as she felt hot tears streaming out of her eyes. She didn't know where she was going but she had to get away from the two girls.

"Lauren!" Camila called over. She was ready to chase after Lauren but Ariana grabbed on her wrist causing her to whip her head at the girl's direction. "Let go." She gritted through her teeth.

"Can we talk about this?" Ariana begged.

"Are fucking kidding me?" Camila spat. "My girlfriend just saw you kiss me. You literally fucked up my relationship. Fucking let go, Ariana."

"Mils, I know you still love me. Please, lets talk."

Camila clenched her jaw and ripped her hand off Ariana's grasp. She looked straight into the girl's pleading orbs and growled, "Whatever respect I had for you when we broke up is gone now. Leave me the fuck alone. My friends were right, you are a bitch."

She then turned her heels and sprinted after Lauren.

-

The setter ran as fast as she could to catch up to her girlfriend. Luckily, Lauren didn't get very far so she was able to get behind her.

"Lo, stop. Ariana kissed me. I didn't kiss her back. I promise." Camila breathed out. The pale girl stood in place with her back turned away from Camila. She reached out for Lauren's arm but the other girl took a step forward refusing to be touched by her. "Lo..." She croaked.

Lauren sniffed. Her tears dripping down her chin as her chest rose in an irregular pattern.

"Believe me, Lauren. I pushed her away the second she kissed me." Camila explained.

The green-eyed girl shut her eyes and clenched her hands into fists. The piece of paper still jammed in her hand.

"Say something." Camila implored.

"You made me believe..." Lauren spoke softly. "You made me believe we had a chance."

"Lauren, we do have a chance. Remember we have college and the rest of our life." By now Camila's eyes were filling up with tears. "We were doing so well, Lo. Don't let Ariana's stupid stunt ruin what we have. Ruin us."