Why was she so hard on Lauren? Couldn't she at least put on a fake smile? Camila gulped down a hunk of air.

"Mila, I was kidding. I totally voted for you and Lauren." Dinah noticed the other girl's change in demeanor.

"It's not that." Camila husked.

"Then what is it?"

The smaller girl lifted her head up and her eyes flickering up to connect with Dinah's. "Tell me I'm being stupid."

"What?" Dinah furrowed her eyebrows together and stared at her best friend quizzically.

"Why did Lauren ever fall in love with me?" Camila questioned, completely taking the taller girl off guard. Dinah had to lean closer to make sure she heard that right.

"Say again." The Polynesian requested.

Camila huffed and pointed back at the pictures on the page. "Look at these. It looks like I want to murder her. I'm not even smiling and there she is always shining her perfect white teeth. Who pick these pictures out anyway?"

"Ally did! She's part of the yearbook committee. And don't blame her for it. You're the one that didn't smile and besides, that was when you did want to murder her. Remember you hated her?" Dinah responded knowingly.

"I never hated her..." Camila mumbled and bowed her head. "I just, you know, wasn't a fan of her."

"Well now you are. So ya da ya da ya da." Dinah answered before she placed her finger on the picture and turned to Camila. "This was the past. And now is the present, so forget about it!"

"I can't. I was so horrible to her before. I think I led her on and would shut her down. I'm a bitch."

"No, you were dating a bitch."

"Ariana..."

"Yup, never liked her nor did Mani... now that I think about it not even Sunshine Ally liked her."

Camila's jaw dropped. "Are you serious?"

"Ally always said Ariana had this weird vibe."

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have broken up with her earlier!"

"Because of Lauren." Dinah said simply.

"What about Lauren?" Camila tilted her head.

"When one of us were about to say something to you, she would always give us this long sermon about how Ariana made you happy and shit. It was annoying but she really did care about you."

Camila groaned and threw her head back. "I need to be a better girlfriend. Lots of making up to do."

"Don't sweat it, Mila. You wanna know why she fell in love with you?" Dinah raised an eyebrow at the brunette, who nodded with earnest. "It's cus you were such a tease!"

Not a second later, Dinah busted out laughing. Camila scoffed and punched the girl in the arm. "Really, Dinah?"

"Obviously, I'm joking but I have no idea why she had a crush on you. Why don't you ask her, stupid."

"I don't know. I don't want to bring up the past, I guess." Camila whispered.

"Do you regret it?"

"Regret what?"

"Not breaking up with Ariana when you had the chance."

"No." Dinah arched an eyebrow at the smaller girl. "Because with Ariana came Lauren. I wasn't ready for that idiot." Camila chuckled lightly. "It was like a balance. There can't be good if there's no bad. There can't be day if there's no night..."