I cranked my neck, and looked down at my ass. "Scarlett, the skirt is barely covering my ass now."

       "That's the point." She laughed, slapping her hand against my back. "Now let's go."

       "But—"

       "—Come on, Bree," she insisted, pushing me out the door. "We're already an hour late."

       "And whose fault is that?"

       Locking her room, she glanced back at me, and winked. "You can't rush perfection, Bree."

       "Right . . ." I said with a roll of my eyes. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

When we arrived at the guys' apartment, the party was already in full swing. Neon lights flashed everywhere, more colorful than ever, as people moved their bodies on the dance floor. 

     Over the roar of music, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn't really make out what they were saying, but their constant laughter filled my ears. As the song got louder, I had to move my body closer to Scarlett to even hear her voice.

     "I said, I'm going to find Aaiden, and see if Areum is anywhere near him," Scarlett shouted over the music.

     "Okay, I'll be in the kitchen."

      She nodded her head, and disappeared into the crowd of people dancing, moving her body to the beat of the music. As she passed by a group of frat boys, their eyes quickly made their way towards Scarlett's ass.

      I scoffed. It's like they'd never seen a girl before. One look at Scarlett, and they turn into horny ass teenagers. Luckily for Scarlett, she can handle herself if things get too touchy. Seeing that she's the daughter of Mr. Cunningham, one of America's best surgeons and entrepreneurs, her parents enrolled her into self defense classes starting at an early age.

      But, I couldn't let this opportunity go. It was really too easy.

      So, as I passed by the group of guys checking out Scarlett, I let the words "horny bastards," slip from my mouth. They quickly looked away once they heard me, shielding their eyes from me. I chuckled underneath my breath. Being an Erhardt becomes more bearable in situations like these. If only you didn't have to be filthy rich to get asses like them to stop looking at you like a piece of meat.

      Once I was in the kitchen, I headed straight for the drinks. Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, I grabbed a red cup, and filled it with the clear substance from the bowl laid out in the middle of the table.

      I brought the cup to my lips, and swung my head back. I felt the burn as soon as the liquid hit my tongue, warming my throat as I swallowed it quickly. I closed my eyes and dwelled on the flavour. I licked my lips, humming in satisfaction. Damn, that was good.

     "I never really pegged you as a drinker."

      I looked up at the sound of the familiar voice, and saw Kai standing next to me with a smirk on his face.

      "Wish I could say the same for you."

      "Funny." He didn't laugh. "Nice choice of outfit."

       "Um, thanks?"

       "It's a compliment." His brown eyes flickered towards my body, before they made their way back to my face. "You're actually wearing clothes."

      I raised a brow, staring at him. "And you care, why?"

      He locked eyes with me, his face expressionless. He leaned back against the table, and crossed his legs. The chains on his dark jeans dangled at the sudden movement. "You know, you suddenly got a lot more interesting."