Bury Me In Black (13)

Start from the beginning

He sighed, "I'm surprised Dad hasn't told you." He admitted looking up at me.

Then it hit me, I nodded looking down at the floor. I still didn't want to believe that he was going to die or worse that he wanted too. I looked up, wiping away the tears that had slipped from my eyes. 

"So, you want to die?" I asked; already knowing the answer. 

He nodded, "There’s no point for me living, I'm getting worse. The doctors are just wasting time on me."

I shook my head, "Your worth saving!" I yelled standing up.

He grabbed my arm sitting me down, "Calm down, Mikes'." 

I shook my head pulling back my arm, "You can't die Gee," I wiped the tears that were now pouring down my cheeks. "Please."

He shook his head, "I'm sorry Mikey."

I nodded, curling up in a ball and looked at Gerard. He was paler, darker bags under his eyes and he was a lot more thinner; he hardly ate. I didn't know what else to say, I wanted to fight; why did he want to die though?

"I won’t let you die Gee." 

He smiled; he held my hand squeezing it and then let it go. He couldn't die, I wouldn't let that happen. 

"You’re going back to school soon, you should start getting your stuff ready." My Dad advised.

I looked up seeing my Dad sitting across from my sipping his coffee. We hardly talked to each other.

I shrugged, "I have plenty of time." 

My Dad chuckled shaking his head, laughing a little. "You have four days."

I was surprised by how quickly the holiday had gone, I guess I had spent most of my time in hospital. I shrugged again though, not really that excited to going back to school; who really would be?

"I'll get the stuff read later."

I heard my Dad sigh, scrapping his chair against the floor and stood up. "C'mon Mikes'. I'll give you some money so you can go buy some stuff."

I shook my head, "I don't need money." I hissed.

I heard him sigh again, sitting down pushing his chair in and folded his arms. I looked up at him, seeing him looking at me.

"Mikes' I know things have been hard, really hard but we need to look on the bright side. I understand your upset, I am too but we need be strong. Just keep looking on the bright side." He smiled.

I shook my head, sitting up. "What bright side? The side that Mom's died? The side that Gerard's dying and you've just given up? I don't see a bright side!" I screamed standing up. 

"Mikey," My Dad sighed.

I walked toward the doorway, "Mikey what? You’re just going to tell me to look on the bright side? That everything will be alright? No, save your breath. What's the point? Mom's gone, next is Gerard and you don't seem to care!" 

I walked into my room slamming my door shut, I was sick of it; he didn't care and if he did he wouldn't let Gerard die. 

 "Mr. Way!" Mrs. Multbee yelled from across the room.

I jumped looking up seeing her with her arms folded across her arms glaring at me; I rolled my eyes sitting up. She sighed unfolding her arms; everyone’s eyes were on me which hardly ever happen; it felt uncomfortable. Just before she could say anymore, the bell rang. I smiled quickly shoving my stuff into my school bag; I wanted it be quick so I could go see Gerard.

Mrs. Multbee stopped me on my way out, "See me tomorrow, break." She demanded. 

I nodded walking out, shoving my hands in my pocket and kept my head down. The hallways were busy with kids rushing as fast as possible to get out. I slipped in between them, making my own way out. I walked along the dirty pavement, kicking stones that lay on the floor. I was very excited to see Gerard; even though I saw him last night. 

"Hey! Gerard's brother!" I heard someone yell.

"His names Michael." Someone corrected. 

I turn around seeing Frank and Ray, Gerard's best friends. I smiled walking towards them; forgetting the fact that one of them forgot my name.

"Ah, Michael!" Frank smiled.

"Mikey." I corrected. 

He nodded smiling, "Well, Mikey. I wanted to know if you wanted to come round to my house and hang with us." He offered. 

I'd never been invited to come round to someone’s house; apart from Alicia's. It was nice, feeling like I had friends, in a way.

I nodded, "That would be rad! But I can't, I'm going to visit Gee in hospital." 

Frank nodded, "Well, the hospital is on the way too my house so we could walk with you."

I smiled, "Okay!" 

We walked down to Frank's house, I smiled saying goodbye and continued towards the hospital. I entered, walking straight to Gerard's ward; I noticed Dad was sitting outside his room. I rushed over seeing him crying. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, "What happen? Is Gerard okay?"

I knelt down, my Dad through his arms around me. I hugged him back, he sobbed on my shoulder; he didn't need to tell me what happen.

"Mikey," He managed to get out.

"Yes?" I replied. 

"Gerard's gone."