Chapter 7: Wheat and Chaff!

Disclaimer- I do not mean any offense to anyone of any religion by the annotations I make. They're purely for fun, and I don't mean any harm by them

THIS IS NOT MY BOOK! I AM JUST COPYING AND PASTING IT FROM FANFICTION.NET. Also, anything in bold is not from the original book, they're just my annotations I included to try and get you through this fever dream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Hello, friends! Phew, this chapter took longer to write than I'd thought it would. There is so much to be done here at Fort Parsons, some days, I don't think I'll ever get caught up. But now that the little ones are sound asleep, I'm finally getting around to putting the finishing touches on this little chapter. I apologize for the delay!

Now, there have been quite a few questions and comments coming in; and I thought I should take time to address a few; since I don't have time to reply individually. First of all, to all the mommies who have expressed their appreciation of this little story of mine: thank you! Your support keeps me writing. Remember, though-the glory is not mine; it is the work of a greater cause. And the people who call me names: a Bible-believing Christian is like a big, ugly monster who lives under a bridge; and wanting everyone to do the right thing and go to heaven makes one a so-called "bigot", hmmm? Well, that's this modern world for you! And finally, to the people who say that I am "spreading hate"-take a look at some of the comments posted here; saying that I am a terrible writer and a terrible mother whose children will hate her one day. Who is it who is spreading hate here? Because I don't think it's me!

The Great Hall burst into applause as a red and yellow baseball cap with a lion embroidered on the front appeared on Harry's head. He hopped deftly off the table and landed on his little feet. He could feel the love of the Lord surging through him (don't put it like that); and he knew he had made the right decision.

He was even more sure of his decision when Hermione dashed across the cafeteria to give him a big, spontaneous hug. She too was sporting a red and yellow baseball cap; although her cap had a kitten on it instead of a lion. (Wait so do female Slytherin's hats have geckos on them?)

"I'm so happy, Harry!" she cried gladly, delicate tears streaming down her face. "When I saw you eating with that family, I was so scared. I thought you might become a Slytherin."

"Never worry about that," Harry declared boldly and bravely. "I am a Gryffindor, now and forever."

"Well chosen," Dumbledore declared approvingly as he took long, energetic strides to cross the crowded, noisy room. "Welcome to the Gryffindor Hat, Harry!"

Harry beamed happily. Truly, he had been blessed! As he sat down to finish his breakfast; and he was still glowing from joy; he sat back next to Ronald.

"Will you still be my friend, even though you are a different Hat?" Ronald asked timidly.

"Of course!" Harry declared generously; and he began to eat his eggs. He had expected his eggs to be cold by now-what with all the hullabaloo-but lo and behold, they were still piping hot. He would not pretend that what Ronald believed about worshipping the dead; but he could still offer the young boy friendship in the spirit of Matthew 2:16-17.

"Thank you, Harry," Ronald uttered happily. He may have been sporting a green and black hat with a snake on it; which testified to his Slytherin beliefs; but he could recognize Harry's pure-hearted godliness, generosity, humility, and innocent goodness. He looked around at his siblings, all of them wearing hats identical to his; and he wondered why none of them were like that.

"Attention, students," Reverend Dumbledore announced authoritatively as he hopped onto the stage; and he held the microphone by his mouth.

"Congratulations on picking your Hats," he continued kindly. "I am sure you have all chosen wisely."

Harry hmmed to himself. He knew that the Reverend meant well; but was it really doing the members of the other Hats much good to tell them that everything was the same when it wasn't? Wouldn't they all be happier if they knew to read the Bible and take it seriously? Dumbledore thought he was making everyone happy; and perhaps he was in the short run; but in the long run, Harry worried that he was doing more harm than good.

Harry did not say anything; because he was new to the flock and didn't feel confident in his connection with the Lord. But sometimes, it takes newcomers to point out the flaws we don't see in our own communities. (Yes, out of all the years Christianity's been around, this 11 year old is the first to smell something fishy)

The reverend clapped his hands against each other once; and then he spoke enthusiastically, "Now, you will be sharing most of your classes with other members of your Hat; so it would be good for you to get to know them now. Ravenclaw Hats, please gather around Mr. Moody. Hufflepuff Hats, please gather around Mr. Sprout. Slytherin Hats, please gather around Mr. Finnegan. And Gryffindor Hats, please gather around Mr. Snape." (Mr. Sprout? Damn we can't even be head of house?)

Now, at the beginning of the breakfast meal, Harry had noticed, a tall, mysterious-looking man with long dark hair and gaunt, enigmatic features. He was dressed stylishly in a crisp, black suit; and his tie made a shock of red in the otherwise totally black outfit. The dark hair on his pale chest was neatly trimmed but still noticeably thick; and he wore elegant, black leather shoes on both of his feet. It was now that he noticed that, on the table that this man was sitting at, was a placard that said on it, "Mr. Snape."

Harry followed the other brave young children wearing Gryffindor Hats.

Author's Note: Blessings!

Matthew 2:16-17 - And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."