"Ummm... it's not my place to tell. I think she should tell you."

"Wait. Are you with her right now?"

"Maybe." Lauren smirked.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, Jauregui. She still has a girlfriend you know." The voice on the line chuckled.

The captain's smile fell. Just hearing that word made her blood boil with anger. Normani was right Camila was still with Ariana. How could she be with a girl that brings her pain every passing day? Camila had been nothing but loyal and faithful girlfriend.

"Hello? Lauren?" The green-eyed girl heard from her speaker. "Are you there?"

She cleared her throat. "I'm here, Mani. I've got to go though..."

"Okay... Send Mila my best."

"I will. Have fun with the girls."

Lauren hanged up and slid her phone in her back pocket. She walked out of Camila's bathroom over to where the girl laid and kneeled down in front of her. She crossed her arms laying it on top of her teammate's sheets.

Camila averted her gaze from the book to the pale girl staring at her. She quirked an eyebrow and pulled out her headphones. "Can I help you?"

"Actually, I think it's the other way around." Lauren retorted. "Do you need help?"

"Nope." Camila replied, popping out the 'p' and plugging her earphones back in her ears. She looked back down to the text and tried to read. She felt eyes boring right through, lifting her gaze once more meeting a pair of sparkling emerald eyes. "You're distracting me."

"How?" Lauren asked innocently with a goofy smile.

"Stop staring."

"You're not even reading!"

"Yes I am!" Camila defended, shocked at Lauren's false accusations, even if the accusations were in fact true.

"You've been on that page since I left to talk to Normani in the bathroom! And that was 45 minutes ago." The taller girl scorned.

Camila frowned at her teammate and sat up. She grabbed the book and slammed it close. "I couldn't concentrate." She confessed.

Lauren examined Camila's face and understood. Ariana. "Do you want to talk about it?"

The brown-eyed girl shook her head side to side.

"That's fine. We can talk about something else." Lauren assured, climbing up in the bed and settling down next to Camila. "Soo... what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about why you skipped your party?" Camila scolded, taking Lauren by complete surprise.

"You knew?" The pale exasperated with wide eyes.

"Everyone on the team knew." Camila laughed softly. "It was supposed to be a surprise... but I guess word got around back to you."

Lauren brought a hand to the back of her neck. "Our team isn't exactly the best at keeping secrets." She ridiculed.

"Laur, I am extremely proud of you for getting in Stanford. That's a huge accomplishment and getting in their volleyball program is a bigger deal!" Camila praised pulling the girl in an embrace. She rested her chin on Lauren's shoulder and spoke, "You deserve it."

"Thanks, Camz." Lauren mumbled as she tugged the other girl's shirt. Seeing Camila so affectionate was all so new to her so grabbed on the feeling hoping it would last forever. However, all good things must end. After a couple more seconds Camila heaved back and flashed a warm smile at her teammate.

"Now that's over with," she grins clapping her hands together. "How about you help me with some math, you big nerd."

"Oh now you want some help." Lauren snorted.

"I felt guilty for holding you back!"

"You didn't hold me back, I chose to stay with you."

"I needed a clear conscience before I took advantage of you."

"Babe, you can use me whenever you want." The pale girl answered with an impish grin making Camila scrunch her nose.

"Okay, gross."

-

Camila turned her head and smiled as she watched Lauren in deep slumber. The way the girl's plump lips parted just a little bit and her long, dark eyelashes flinching every now and then. She had to admit, her co-captain was beautiful in so many ways.

"Camz..." The girl murmured in her sleep. Lauren giggled and shifted her position, now facing Camila. "Stop it! You're so bad..."

Her brown eyes widen as her cheeks heated up when those words escaped Lauren's mouth. She moved slightly away from the other girl, feeling uneasy with the thought that her teammate is having a very inappropriate dream about her.

"Oh Lauren." Camila sighed, extending her arm out to brush a stray hair covering Lauren's face. "Why couldn't have you come to my life lil' sooner?"

-

"Aye yo, Walz. Whatcha staring at?" Dinah queried curiously, turning her head to where Camila was focused on.

"Lauren." Camila responded casually, nodding over to the green-eyed girl helping a little boy get a kite down stuck on a tree. She felt a jerk in her heart as Lauren jumped off the tree and hand the little boy the kite with a smile.

Dinah whipped her head around and gaped at her teammate. Never in the two years they've known each other that Camila had admitted anything. She placed a hand on the brown-eyed girl's forehead and gasped.

"I think you're catching a cold, Walz!" She teased.

Camila rolled her eyes at the Polynesian and flicked the girl's hand off her head. "Can't I admire heroism?"

"It depends..." Dinah shrugged before glancing smugly at Camila. "Are you staring at her ass or in her soul?"

"No comment."

"C'mon, Mila. Just admit it. You have a little tiny small crush on our best outside player."

"I do not. I repeat. I do not have a crush on Lauren Jauregui." Camila scoffed, averting her attention to the Polynesian.

"Keep telling yourself that, Mila." Dinah snickered.

Lauren sauntered towards the two girls with a handful of daises in her hand. She wore a toothy grin as she gave it to Camila.

"Here." She rasped.

"W-what's this for?" Camila reluctantly took the flowers from the pale girl's hand.

"Does there have to be a reason?" Lauren countered with a smirk plastered on her face.

"SMOOTH OPERATOR OVER HURRR!" Dinah hollered as she pointed at the green-eyed girl. Some heads turned towards the trio causing two of the girls to turn red.

"Dinah!" Lauren nagged, reaching for the tall girl's ears and pulling it down.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" The Polynesian grumbled as Lauren dragged her away from Camila.

"Sorry!" The short girl apologized to the people in the park. "She had too much sugar!"

The strangers shook their heads in disapproval as they turned away from the brown-eyed girl. She slowly backed away and scanned the area in search of her two teammates. She let out a chuckle when she found Lauren talking to Dinah in a serious matter. Only then did Camila remember the daisies in her hand. She looked down at the flowers before bringing it up to her nose to take a whiff of the sweet scent. She found herself smiling, something she hasn't done after she found out about Ariana.

"CAMZ!" She heard causing her to snap her head up. Lauren waved her over, her green orbs locking on to chocolate ones. "BANQUET'S STARTING!"

'The most fucked up thing the universe can do to a person is send them the love of their life at the wrong time.' Camila thought before she made her way over to the team. That's when she realized, maybe having a crush on Lauren wasn't so bad.