Chapter Eleven: Dress Code Detention and a Spell

Start from the beginning

"Alright, Miss. Black, you may go. I will expect you to dress appropriately from now on if you don't want any more detentions." Professor McGonagall told me and I got ready to go.

"You know what, Professor? I think you better give me a copy of the dress code handbook because, being perfectly honest, you'll see me tomorrow and I'll be wearing bright orange." I told her with an innocent look. It was true, I wasn't going to follow this dress code all the time. It wasn't fair and I was pretty sure there was a right somewhere in the Ministry of Magic's rights book that said we were entitled to our own personality and were entitled to illustrate it in any way, shape or form.

McGonagall huffed and copied the pages I had written with her wand and handed them to me. I thanked her and left. When I got to my dorm, I threw the pages in the waste basket and went to hang out with my friends.

Australe Leo Black ~ Friday, September 24th, 1975 ~ Hogwarts, Hogsmead, Scotland

It has now been about a month since we had been back at Hogwarts and James had made the Quidditch team. He had taken my word into account and chose Kate Marren as the seeker. He had also given one of the chaser positions to Darcy Tane. But, the last spot he had given to Nathan Hiemer. It was unfortunate but unavoidable. We had practiced hard and now it was our first real test. We had a Quidditch game today against the Ravenclaw team. They were good, but I had to admit that we were really good too. Hopeful we would win the Quidditch cup this year.

So as we got ready in the change rooms, I started to get really jittery. I always did before games. But today was different. It was the full moon and we had finally completed the research for the animagus transformation. After the game, we would be trying out the spell and going to try and help Remus tonight. The other girls just thought I was nervous for the game, but Remus and the guys knew otherwise. Remus was actually not feeling well at all but he still came out to watch the game for James, Sirius and I.

When we got onto the field, the commentator called out our names. It was Tiny Newsome, the head girl this year.

"And here come the Gryffindor Quidditch Team! Potter leading the line as the captain and chaser. Then it's the other chasers, Hiemer and Tane! And for the beaters we have the Black twins and seeker Marren. Bringing up the rear, the Gryffindor keeper, Jet!"

We go to the center of the field and James and the Ravenclaw Captain, Sheer, shook hands. Then we were up in the air and it was a whirl wind of players moving past me.

"Potter with the quaffle, passes to Hiemer then to Tane, Tane scores! Ten nil to Gryffindor!" Newsome called out and the Gryffindor students let out cheers.

"Ravenclaw with the quaffle," Newsome continued, "Nice hit from Beater Black, Sirius Black that is, and Hiemer takes the quaffle and puts it through the hoops! Twenty nil to Gryffindor!" She said and Sirius hit his bat with mine, like a high five. Then the bludger came at me and I took a swing aiming for Sheer who had the quaffle. The hit wasn't as clean as I hoped it would be but I still got the Quaffle out of her hands. Although I think she might have a slight tummy ache when this game was finished.

"It's now ninety to eighty, Ravenclaw and, yes, I think Gryffindor seeker, Kate Marren, has seen the snitch! She has, she has! Seeker Marren is speeding to the ground and, yes! Seeker Marren has caught the snitch! Two hundred and thirty points to ninety! Gryffindor has won the Quidditch match!" Tiny said ecstatically and we all ran towards Kate where she is still holding the snitch. Gryffindors were pouring onto the field when I engulfed Kate in a big hug.

"You did it!"

The Gryffindors held a big party in the common room that night. The three boys and I had a hard time getting away from the party so we could go and preform the spell to help Remus. In the end just before nine thirty, when a first year called Professor McGonagall because he couldn't sleep, the party was broken up. Everyone was extremely mad at him but it made it easier for us to escape, along with the help of James' invisibility cloak, and run out of the common room.