She's Hood

2 Days Later

"I JUST WANT MY FUCKING BABY!" I screamed trying to get out of the ropes I was tied in. Who the hell actually has ropes just laying around their house?

"Bitch shut that shit up. You get your whiny ass kid when I get my money." He said walking into the room.

"I'm not apart of this. August doesn't care about me or Anthony being here. He's in jail right now and Samara is at the hospital. Try to talk to her. This shit is not okay." I explained rolling my eyes.

He smacked me in my face hard as fuck. I just clenched my jaw and let out a long breath.

"I said shut that shit up. I know how to handle my shit. So sit here and be a good girl." He left the room but not without closing the door. Good thing he did.

I managed to get my mini manicure/tool set out of my pocket. I flipped up the pocket knife and worked at cutting the rope. He should have been smart enough to check me for weapons in the first place. That's on him.

I got the rope cut in a few minutes. I untied my feet and walked to the door quietly. Making sure I had my knife in hand. I opened it so slowly because I knew it had a creeky sound.

I poked my head out of the room and heard Marlon downstairs. So I went to the room he was keeping Anthony in. I got so happy when I seen that he was okay. He was sleeping in a bed with pillows surrounding him. At least Marlon knew how to keep a baby safe. I went through the bedrooms searching for a weapon or something to hurt Marlon with.

I found a gun in his bedroom. I loaded it with 6 bullets, took the safety off and went downstairs. I was ready to fuck him up. He was sitting on the couch watching TV. He heard me walking in and jumped up to tackle me. He did tackle me but I didn't drop the gun. I shot it without aiming and heard him scream out of pain and anger. He rolled off of me and I got up. I had shot his leg. He grabbed my ankles and pulled me back down.

He used all his energy to get a few good punches in that could have had me unconscious. But I was too angry. I shot him in his head this time. I wasn't planning on killing him. I just wanted him to be hurt since he hurt me. I sat there panting and wiping the nervous sweat from my forehead.

I called the cops as soon as I found my phone. I just knew I would be arrested for this but I know my baby is safe now. I went to get him and sat with him in my arms. He opened his eyes and started cooing at me. All I could do was smile and cry. If anything happened to him, I wouldn't care about anything anymore. He's basically the only person on Earth that I can't live without.

The police arrived and spent a couple hours investigating the scene. I was holding Anthony when a police officer came up to me.

"Ma'am we understand that this was self defense but we have to take to you downtown for questioning." He said. I sighed and shook my head.

"Alright officer."

***

After I got questioned, they let me off the hook. I got to take Anthony back home and when I got there, I caught Samara trying to steal my stash of money. I didn't care that she had lost her baby. I put Anthony on my bed and dropped that bitch to the floor.

I was so angry. I just threw punch after punch after punch. When she was halfway unconscious, I got off of her. I grabbed my phone and started recording.

"Were you the one drugging August?" I asked calmly. "Tell the fucking truth or I'll tear you the fuck up."

"Y-yes" She coughed out.

"Did you hit yourself to make those bruises?"

"Yes"

"Was that even August's baby? Did he actually ever have sex with you?!" I asked getting louder.

"No.." I laughed to myself and pulled her up from the ground by her hair. I slammed her into the wall and by now Anthony was crying.

"You must have a big ego. Now your plan is ruined. You get no money. You get no place to stay. Your partner in crime is dead. Your baby is dead and you look butt ass ugly. You can't mess with me and my family because bitch this is what happens." I dragged her downstairs and threw her outside. "I suggest you walk to the hospital. I felt your nose crack."

I went back upstairs and picked up Anthony. I fed him, changed him, and rocked him to sleep. I put him in his car seat and drove to the precinct. I went in with Anthony in my arms.

"Excuse me, I need to speak to Officer Brandy." I said to the woman doing paperwork.

"Have a seat. I'll let him know you need him." I sat down and waited. Making sure Anthony was comfortable. Moments later, He came out and took me to a questioning room for us to talk.

"What can I help you with today?" He asked.

"August is innocent. Samara manipulated me and she was drugging August the whole time." I explained feeling horrible for August.

"Rayna..do you understand how crazy you sound. You had evidence 2 days ago that what he did was real. Was that fake?"

"No no no. I thought it was real. I have evidence now." I pulled up the video of Samara and showed him. He watched it a few times then handed it back.

"Send that to me. August was on his way to prison today but it looks like he's off the hook. I'll take you to his cell. Where is Samara?"

"She shouldn't be too far away. She was still in front of my house when I left."

***

I was taken to August's holding cell and as they unlocked it he looked at me with anger and confusion. I ran inside when they got it open and I hugged him.

"I'm so sorry August. I got the charges dropped." I said letting go of him. His anger quickly went away and he got happy. So happy that he picked me up and kissed me.

He put me back down once he realized what he had done. I still had Anthony sleeping in my arms but he hadn't waken up. I just gave August a look and we went to my car. I told him what had happened on the way to his house.

"I'll see you later." I said unlocking the car doors. He looked at me and bit his lip.

"Can't we talk about us?" He asked.

"No. We aren't getting back together and I definitely don't want to talk about it." I said with a sigh. He looked down then caught me off guard with a kiss. I didn't even pull away because I knew I missed him.

He broke the kiss and got out the car. I pulled off and went home. He just got me all types of confused and I didn't like it. But believe me, one kiss was not about to have me letting him back in my life.