Fix Me

"Ruben can you watch Anthony while I go record this song? It's really important" I exclaimed into the phone. It was noon. It had been 3 weeks since August went into his coma. I was completely over him or at least I thought I was. Ruben was the only male figure in my life and I was okay with that.

"I'm on my way sweet thang" I laughed and blushed.

"Okay sugar lips. I'll be waiting" I hung up the phone and ran to get dressed. Anthony was out cold looking as cute as ever in his little teddy bear pajamas.

I quickly changed out of my track suit into some white joggers, a black shirt with a white pocket, and my black heels. I put all my hair up into a quick bun and laid my edges down. I looked pretty good today.

I brushed my teeth and did my makeup and ran to open the door. Ruben was standing there looking so fine. I invited him in and grabbed my bag.

"Thanks so much for this. I'll be back around 3 so your job should be pretty easy." I said about to walk out. But he pulled me back by my waist and kissed me gently. I smiled and bit my lip.

"Have a good time baby girl" I left speechless and drove to the studio. I walked in and hugged my manager.

"Okay go ahead in the booth and we can get started with the Earned it remix and go on from there." He said sitting down. I put my bag on the couch and walked in acknowledging everyone else here.

I put on my headphones and waited for the beat to start. I began the main vocals that I had memorized since I remixed the song. I got so into it but the song was only a minute and about 20 seconds so it was over fast.

I ran threw it 4 more times then I had to do the background vocals. I really enjoyed singing and now I waa singing for my career.

"Perfect! We can drop that on your soundcloud whenever you want. Now onto your original."

I smiled and the beat to my first original song began.

'There's so many things I haven't said..

I don't wanna live with this regret.

I may never get another night like this again

Ima do it right this time I swear

Baby you're a prize..' I let the lyrics flow and moved my shoulders to the beat.

It took a couple hours to get it all perfect but it was done. Two songs done. My session was over so I grabbed my bag.

"I'll see you on Wednesday. Same time. Great work today Rayna" I smiled and said bye to everyone. I drove home and looked suspiciously at a car I hadn't seen before. I walked inside and got angry as soon as I seen Samara.

Ruben was on the phone looking so mad. Anthony was crying.

I grabbed Anthony so fast. I pushed her away roughly with one arm making her fall. I put Anthony in his downstairs crib and stood there waiting for an explanation.

Samara stood up holding her head.

"Talk or get the fuck out" I said sternly to both of them. Ruben said some closing remarks to whoever was on the phone and hung up.

"She came here and said she was a friend of yours. I have nothing to do with this" Ruben said holding his hands up.

"Samara you a real sneaky bitch. Coming in my house trying to take my son?!" She looked so guilty.

"August woke up this morning and wanted to see him! I'll do anything for him" She said. I laughed.

"He can set up an appointment with me first. The fuck y'all thought this was? I'm not having my son around your crazy ass or his drugged up ass. Get the fuck outta here and worry about the baby you're about to have." I pushed her out and shut my door locking it.

"I'm sorry Rayna. I won't let that happen again" Ruben stated looking sincerely sorry.

"It's okay hon. Next time call me first though. Only friend allowed in here is Kurrency. Taylor too. That's all." I picked Anthony up and rocked him until he stopped crying.

"I made some food. I figured you would be hungry" I looked to the kitchen where food was on the stove. I smiled and reached up giving him a kiss.

"Thank you. I'm so glad I found you" I said walking to the kitchen. I got a plate from the cabinet and filled it with the delicious smelling stir fry. I got a sparkling water and sat down.

Ruben sat across from me and took Anthony so I could eat.

"I been meaning to talk to you. We never did officially go on a date and I thought maybe Kurrency could watch Anthony this weekend while we go out to the carnival" I kicked my heels off and nodded.

"As long as you don't got no other girls in ya phone. Then I would be more than happy to go on a carnival date with you." I said before taking another bite. He slightly smirked.

"Aye don't roll your eyes but I only got eyes for you. To be completely honest you're the first woman I've talked to since last year." I looked at him with wide eyes.

"No honey I don't believe that. You are 6 feet and 2 inches of perfection. And those eyes. Boyyyy I can't believe that." I responded laughing. He laughed and shook his head.

"Nah I'm serious. My ex fucked me up. I was up until 3am every night crying and eating tubs of ice cream. Watching all the romance movies on Netflix. Oh I was so depressed" He looked into the distance.

I laughed so hard I almost choked on my food.

"Yoo okay now I know you lying about that. But it's okay. I won't break your heart." I said getting serious.

"And I'll mend yours."