Exhausted

Today I was extremely excited for moving into my own house. Finally. I took the key to the house along with my car full of stuff. I parked in my driveway and went to unlock the door. I walked in and smiled. It looked even more perfect than before.

I shut the obviously brand new door and walked upstairs. I hadn't even picked my room and all that yet. I found the master bedroom a few minutes later. It had a balcony and beautiful bathroom. Along with a walk in closet.

I called Kye and she picked up with a clear attitude. She said "Not in the mood" then hung up on me. What in the hell is her problem? I called Jayla and she answered.

"Hey Ray" She answered letting out a sigh.

"You want to help me go furniture shopping for our new house?" I asked.

"Oh no thanks. I'm trying to make amends with Kye. She's so mad at me. Just call me tomorrow or something" I sighed and hung up. Guess I'm on my own. Anthony being with his aunt Kurrency and Taylor being at work.

I just grabbed my keys and left. I went and picked up a U-Haul truck. I drove to Ikea and started my journey. Marcus, the producer, called me while I was looking at some couches for my living room.

"Hello" I answered looking at the price tag of a couch I liked.

"Afternoon Rayna. Amazing news. We're signing you!!!" I screamed in the store and everyone looked at me. I blushed so hard.

"This is great news! Thank you so much!" I said happily.

"Oh no thanks necessary. I have a meeting scheduled for Monday afternoon. At my office. Be there at 2." He hung up rudely. Well there goes how happy I was. I was about to text everyone to meet me at my new house for a mini celebration but I remembered I had no one to text. Everyone was busy or in a bad mood.

I spent my whole day shopping for furniture, paint, and decor. I bought everything I would need. Everything. I paid with my bank card and drove the U-Haul home. It was 10pm and the street lights were the only thing helping me see.

I took the paint inside the house and turned on all the lights. It took an hour to put tape everywhere and cover the floors. I finally got started painting at 11. I painted my bedroom a light gray. The living room was a beige color and every other room was a light and airy color if that makes sense.

The walls were dry by 2am.

I turned my car lights on and positioned my car to shine on the truck. I rolled the ramp down and began taking the easy furniture inside. I had no idea how I'd get the couch, beds, and chairs in by myself. Guess this is one of the struggles of being a single mother. I strained myself as much as possible to get everything in the house.

I was exhausted when I was finished. Nothing was in place how I wanted it though. I spent a few hours moving everything to the correct room, hanging stuff up, putting stuff in place, cleaning the boxes and trash up, and taking the tape off of my freshly painted walls.

When I was all done it was 6am. I don't take breaks. I wanted everything perfect. I went and got all my clothes, shoes, and all that crap from my car and took it to my closet. I put everything away and some went in the dresser. I was finished sooner than I thought.

I took a quick cold shower still exhausted. I didn't feel sore or anything though. Just needed to drink some water. I got dressed in a long black maxi dress, sandals, and some simple jewelry. I'm a mother. It's time I started acting like one. I left my hair curly and put some gel on my edges.

I did my makeup then left to go to the grocery store. I had no food and I was starving. I filled a cart with food and paid. On the way home I went to pick up Anthony since Kurrency had to work. I missed my baby boy. I took him home along with the food and put it all away while trying to feed Anthony.

He was making it so hard. I got it all over with around noon. I was so worn out. Then he started crying. My phone rang simultaneously with him. I answered trying to calm him down.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Can I see my son?" August asked rudely.

"Come get him" I said hanging up. I picked him up trying to soothe him. "Come on baby boy please"

His diaper wasn't dirty, I just fed him, he must be tired. I put him in his chair and turned on the music. He cried for another five minutes before falling asleep. I fell onto my couch sighing in relief. August already knew the address to the house which is why I didn't bother texting it to him.

August knocked on the door loudly almost waking Anthony up. I got up and ran to the door.

"Can you keep it down? He just fell asleep" I said calmly. He gave me a look then pushed past me.

"He'll be aight" I sighed pulling him back.

"August don't wake him up. It took too long to get him to stop crying"

"Maybe he's just tired of seeing his mom be a hoe" I scoffed and folded my arms trying not to show how I really felt.

"Get out of my house. Leave him" I said clenching my jaw.

"He's my son Rayna. Just because you don't like me anymore doesn't mean I don't have rights to see my son!! He's my kid Rayna!" He yelled harshly in my face.

"August!! You can't come in my house acting like this. What are you on drugs? Did Salmonella verbally abuse you? Did she tell you to be rude to me? I don't know what's gotten into you. And to think I was going to marry you" I shook my head and he laughed raising his arm up to hit me.

I didn't expect him to actually do it. But he did. His hand came down striking the right side of my face so hard. I fell to the ground and Anthony started crying. I was so shocked I couldn't cry.

"Don't talk down about Samara. She doesn't do anything but treat me better than you ever did. Drugs wouldn't help me Rayna. Be smarter. We would have never made it to marriage anyways." He left taking Anthony with him. I sat there crying so hard.

I was in love with a monster. I was so deep in love with him. I can't believe myself. I just cried and cried. My body felt sore now from last night and the fatigue hit me. I didn't want to move.

I wasn't able to move. So I succumbed to the pain and fell to the cold hardwood floor. The only thing I felt was the impact of my head hitting the floor.