One

When Michael was little, he had little to no worries. He didn't understand much, and that was okay. He had a lot of fun. He had lots of friends. He had a nice house. He had a loving, seemingly stable, parental unit. He had a lot of things. He had his sanity back then.

Now, Michael had a lot of things to worry about. He still didn't understand much, but he understood enough; that life wasn't okay. He had very few friends left. He had a shitty apartment. His parents hated each other, and their only son (thanks to his sexuality). He and is boyfriend were always on the rocks. His grades dropped. He didn't really have much anymore, nor much of a reason to do anything anymore. He doesn't even know if he has his sanity, so what can he really do?

Sanity:
The ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner; sound mental health. Reasonable and rational behavior.

Sane:
(Of a person) Of sound mind; not mad or mentally ill.

(Of an undertaking or manner) Reasonable; sensible.

Does a sane person have an imaginary friend at 20 years old? Michael didn't think so. He didn't know why he still saw the blonde boy that no one else could. He wanted to know, but he didn't have much of a drive to do anything anymore.

The boy truly thought he was mentally ill, but he didn't say anything. Mental hospitals? No thank you. He was smart enough to at least realize that. He didn't want to lack freedom to do what he wants when he wants. He wanted to be able go outside when he felt like it (even though he doesn't like to go outside much). He just didn't want anyone to know.

Maybe it would help if his blonde haired companion would leave him the hell alone. He doesn't really seem to get the hint.

Michael has grown to hate Luke, his beloved old friend. Which has unfortunately triggered Michael to get nightmares. Not that Michael knew that was the reason he woke up every night in a cold sweat, scared out of his mind. Why would he?

[He knew nothing compared to how much Luke about this wretched, beautiful world. Then again, Michael was clueless with most things, and didn't deal with things well, even obvious situations. Michael was so blind to everything around him. He didn't see what was going on in front of his own two eyes. Michael needed to learn how to pay attention to detail if he wanted to know anything any time soon. Though Luke didn't really want him to. Ignorance is bliss.

Michael didn't know anything, Luke knew everything, but Luke couldn't tell him, because it wasn't time. All of the wonders and horrors of the world, hidden in plain sight wouldn't be revealed any time soon.]

All Michael knew was that it's Luke's fault that he doesn't have a normal life, so why would he not hate him? They were friends when Michael was like, four. He's not four anymore. He doesn't want Luke in his life anymore (despite the curiosity of everything that constantly claws at his brain), but Luke's stubborn. Really stubborn. And very stuck in this situation, though that was another thing Michael didn't know.

But if Luke was going to stick around with him, Michael wanted answers, and all he had to do was figure out how to get them.

~ (<---- Name him.)

//Dedicated to Rockingal1324, because you're my bro, boo.//

I had a chapter. Over a thousand words. It sucked. This is a prologue thingy. I've take forever to update, I am sorry. I'll start working on what happens next so hopefully the next part will be up soon. Also, my phone is not working. (I use my old phone.)

I think Luke's side of the prologue should go up next. Thoughts?

Even though it sucked, should I try to fix up that eleven hundred word chapter? It's really bad though. \:

Question:

What is/are your favorite Muke fanfiction(s)?