Move

*Imigie's POV*

I was packing my stuff to get ready to leave from Austin, Texas to Alberta, Canada for my sophomore year in college. I knew one thing was that I would miss Austin. I had friends there who I knew I would keep in contact with but it wasn't the same.

"You almost ready Imigie?" I heard my mother ask.

"I'm almost ready Mom," I replied back.

I had already finished packing my books, journals, pencils and chargers and I was finishing up packing my clothes and my pillows.

I was going to Canada by plane then take a drive to my dorm where I would be staying. My parents were going to stay in Alberta for a few days with me because I still needed to get many things. I had already purchased many other things I would need for my dorm in Austin but I was not packing any food for the sake of it not being spoiled by the time I put it away in my dorm. I knew exactly what I needed.

I finished packing my last set of pants before I zipped my suitcase then carried my purse  then took a look at my room one last time.

The walls were a near crimson and were perfect and comforting and I knew it would be a long time before I go back there again.

After looking, I turned off the light and took my suitcase out of my room and and in the hallway where my mother and my father were eagerly waiting for me.

"I'm so happy for you sweetheart," Mom said then kissed me on the cheek.

"Imigie," my father said. "You really have come so far young lady." He gave me a hug then Mom joined in and I smiled.

I opened the front door then left the inside of my house then put my suitcases in the back of my parents' car.

As we left, I began to think about how my life would be when I moved to Canada. It would be a little odd, concerning that people would speak of any stereotypes about Texas but I wouldn't care.

We arrived at the airport after thirty minutes and my dad parked the car at the airport parking lot. My parents and I grabbed our luggage and suitcase with kitchen, bed and bathroom items.

Checking in and arriving to the waiting area wasn't any trouble. After we were done, we went to one of the waiting gates and waited.

After two hours, our plane arrived but it took another twenty minutes before we were allowed to get on. There was no trouble getting inside of the plane and after a while, we took off. And this time, I was not only leaving Austin and not just Texas. I was leaving the US.

It didn't take very long to arrive to Alberta. It was only three hours to get to Alberta. My parents and I left the plane, picked up our luggage and my suitcase with the various items then we turned to leave the airport then waited for a bus.

"Here's the plan," my father explained. "We'll be unpacking your stuff for about the first two days and get other things then we'll get your classes settled the day after which is when your mother and I will be leaving."

I nodded without any hesitation.

Our bus arrived and we got in, telling the driver our destination in the process and we waited until we got to our destination where my dorm would be.

I was going to be living in a single dorm which meant that I was living entirely on my own. I was kind of happy about that because as kind as I was, I was also a shy person.

After picking up the keys to my dorm, I ink odd the door and opened it and saw it was almost a more modern version of a dorm. The walls were a calming grey color and the kitchen had granite for the counters and it was spacious. I was in awe when looking around.

I went to the bedroom which was also spacious. I couldn't stop smiling. Even the bathroom was a decent size.

I knew that I had no time for looking around as my parents and I went to work by unpacking my things.

We also took some time in between to shop for other things that I would need. I have to admit. Alberta was a beautiful place and I was happy although I did miss living in Austin, Texas.

As my parents planned, unpacking and shopping for other things I needed took only two days.

I was happy when we finished at around 5:00 pm. I knew that the next day, I would sort my classes and my parents would be leaving.

I said good night to my parents then slept soundly and was ready for what tomorrow would bring.