Chapter 4: She can't be here!

"C'mon [Y/N], I want to play that one", Anna said appointing another arcade machine. Upon her arrival to HOMRA, the little girl had cornered her and used the puppy face to convince her to go with her and Eric to the Arcade. [Y/N] couldn't refuse, so they had spent all morning trying the different game machines.

        "The Dance Machine?" she asked, looking in the direction Anna was pointing.

        "Yeah come on!"

        [Y/N] looked at Eric for help. Dancing wasn't for her. Eric tried to convince Anna to play Zombie Revenge (a zombie shooting game), but she wouldn't budge and refused, saying it was the first time she had a partner to dance with, and wanted to get the most out of it. Seeing that his efforts were useless, Eric shrugged and followed the two girls, smiling at how Anna pulled [Y/N].

        Besides Kōsuke, Eric didn't have a close relationship with the other clansmen. He had recently joined HOMRA and hadn't yet developed the familiarity bond that seemed to link the others together. However, he was very fond of the white-haired girl, Anna was like the little sister he always wanted. Spending the morning together, had become a habit for both and during that time, Eric had noticed that the red-eyed girl  , was sometimes missing something. That morning, seeing as Anna ran towards [Y/N] and tried to convince her to go with them, he realized that what she needed, was a friend to speak, a female figure in the set.

        "You sure you don't want to go to the zombie machine?", asked [Y/N], pleading.

        "Yeah, I'm sure", Anna said smiling, "But you can choose the song, if you want"

        [Y/N], unable to say no to the girl, chose [*Song*] and started dancing with her.

 -   -   -   -   -   -

        Seven songs later, both girls were exhausted and hungry. Eric, who had been looking at his phone most of the time, suggested that they should go eat something, and both girls were more then delighted with the idea.

        Since [Y/N] didn't know the area they were in, she let them take her to a small fast food restaurant that apparently have the best french fries in town, according to Anna that is.

        "Can I ask you something, Eric?",  [Y/N] asked, while they were waiting for the food.

        "Go ahead"

        "What did you think about, me joining HOMRA?"

        Before they left the bar, Tatara had told them not to return late, because he wanted to introduce her to the others as a new official member of HOMRA as soon as possible. At first, [Y/N] had not given any thoughts to it, but as the hours passed, she had begun to wonder what they will think, when they found out. What if they don't agree?

        "What did you think about, me joining HOMRA?", the blond replied after thinking about his answer, "It's the king's decision on who joins and who doesn't. The others will have to accept his choice. If I were Mikoto, I wouldn't have let me join HOMRA, and I know Chihuahua didn't want me to join, but everyone agreed"

        "Personally, I'd glad that you joined. Anna will enjoy your company and I'm sure it would be helpful to have someone who isn't always swayed by testosterone ", he ended after a brief pause.

        "But, what if they don't think it's a good idea?"

        "They would be idiots", Eric said, looking into her eyes.

        [Y/N] smiled. The blond's words calmed her nerves. After all, he was right, Mikoto had let her join, and Anna and Tatara were delighted with it. Izumo didn't seem to care and it was clear that Eric also enjoys  her company. The only thing left, was to wait for the others to accept her.