Chapter 10: A day to relax

«[Y/N]-chan, pack your bag, we're going to the beach!»

          That was what a cheerful Tatara had yelled at her the night before, as soon as she entered the bar. [Y/N] didn't understand the reason for such a sudden trip, but she wasn't going to refuse. After all, it was a trip to the beach, and that was something she used to love. Walking barefoot on the sand while listening to the sound of the waves had always seemed soothing, and in a way, it made her feel better about herself.

          [Y/N] put on her bikini and packed a change of clothes. She usually carried a lot of clothes every time she went somewhere, but a suitcase for a single day and a night at most seemed like a bit overkilling.

          After putting on her beach dress, she checked that she had everything: toothbrush, comb, pajamas, clean underwear, a change of clothes, towel, etc. Having to squeeze everything in, [Y/N] thought again about the suitcase. Maybe Tatara wasn't such an overdoer after all. However, she dismissed the idea. She would slip the towel —which was the bulkiest thing— into one of the boys' bags.

          "Kiddo! How much longer?", asked Mikoto, raising his voice.

          [Y/N] snorted. She was barely ten minutes behind the scheduled time they had arranged to meet, but, of course, Mikoto was eager to leave already, because the sooner they got there, the sooner he could lie down somewhere to sleep.

          "I'm coming down!", she replied, slinging his backpack over her shoulder as she left the room.

          When she reached the first floor, she could see that everyone else was already there with their backpacks and their beach outfits ready. Although Kusanagi, the sexy version of Kamamoto and Mikoto were wearing jeans, the other ones were already in shorts. Some in shirts, others in sweatshirts, Mikoto in one of his white T-shirts and Izumo in a Hawaiian shirt, while Anna was wearing a nice red beach dress with ruffles. It looked like everyone was eager to go.

          "And that's all of us!", Tatara exclaimed, beaming. The day he didn't smile like he was in a toothpaste commercial, the world would end.

          "Then let's go. Come on. Move", ordered Mikoto, gesturing with his hands for them to leave HOMRA.

          "Yes, sir!" replied [Y/N], giving a military salute as the red-haired man turned to look at her.

          Anna giggled as the Red King arched an eyebrow and looked at her as if wondering why he had accepted her into the clan. After smiling at his reaction, the young woman hurried out of the bar, taking Anna by the hand. She knew that Mikoto would never hurt her if she was with the albino, and she knew that —even if he didn't show it very often— the king was fond of her.

-   -   -   -   -

          Several stops and train ticket inspectors later, the boys arrived in Kamakura, a small coastal town an hour and a half from Tokyo where, in addition to a beautiful beach, there were numerous temples for those like Kusanagi, who didn't want to swim.

          The first thing they did was go to a large bungalow that apparently belonged to Izumo. Although [Y/N] found it hard to believe that he had invested money in something other than his prized bar, she did not say anything. A beach house was definitely a very good investment, and maybe she could convince him to let her spend her vacation there.

         After leaving her things there and putting some sunscreen on Anna, [Y/N] headed to the beach where everyone was already. Mikoto was lying under an umbrella; Chitose was trying to convince Dewa, Tatara and Eric to go look for girls; Yata, Kamamoto, Bandō and Shōhei were playing volleyball; and Kōsuke and Izumo were overseeing that nothing happened while they were waiting for the two girls.