Chapter Ten: Quidditch

Start from the beginning

Sirius and James must have been in the bathroom because they weren't in the dorm bedroom. When he got out, I was hoping to talk to him about what he had said the other day. Speak of the devil, Sirius had just walked out of the bathroom. His eyes connected with mine and I held a stony gaze until he broke it off coughing. I raised my eyebrows. I sure wasn't going to apologize for his mistakes.

"Oh, would you two just say sorry so we can get bloody well on with our day!" Peter exclaimed as he walked into the bathroom. I smiled a bit and looked at Sirius expectantly.

"Aus, I'm sorry about the things I said, I'm not sure what I was saying, I just didn't think about it." He apologized and I gave him a small smile. He lifted an eyebrow and opened his arms, expecting a hug. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his frame.

"So are we okay?" He asked me. I pulled back a bit.

"Yeah, we're okay."

We left after to go down to the Great Hall and get a bite to eat. Remus came to walk beside me, giving me some company.

"Hey." He said and nudged me with a smile. I gave him a grin.

"Hello."

"So are we going to talk about what happened?" He asked me.

"What happened?" I asked him slyly. He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, Aus. You know what happened. I just wanted to know if you maybe, wanted to do it again?" He asked shyly. I giggled.

"I would like that very much."

The breakfast was pretty good. I sat beside Remus, feeling happier than I had all summer.

"Hey." Marlene said as she sat down beside me in our first class, Double Transfiguration.

"Hey, doll." I told her as she rubbed my arm. I bit into the apple that I had gotten at breakfast. I settled into the before class conversation after a while, McGonagall started the lesson.

"Good morning class." McGonagall said as she walked into the class and trailed her way up to the front, "Today we will be learning vanishing spells. No doubt, they will come up in your Transfiguration O.W.L." She told us. Of course Professor McGonagall would start off the year with talk about the tests we would be taking at the end of the year. After she explained what we were doing she set us with snails and made us start on vanishing them.

"Hey guess what." I told Marlene as we started on our snailed.

"What?"

"Well, you know how Remus kissed me yesterday?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

"Well, he told me that he wanted to do it again." I told her excitedly.

"He what!?" She almost yelled, but excitedly. A lot of people glanced in our direction and McGonagall gave her a sharp look. She quickly apologized and stated the question again but in a whisper.

"Isn't it so exciting! I'm so happy." I said with a grin on my face. Then Professor McGonagall walked up our aisle and we quickly focused back on our work. Only, McGonagall didn't continue walking, she stopped at our table.

"Miss Black, what are you wearing?" Professor McGonagall asked and I smiled politely.

"Clothes, Professor. Oh no, did I forget socks again?" I asked and pretended to be surprised that I wasn't wearing socks. To be honest I had actually forgotten socks today. She didn't seem to find my jokes funny though.

"Miss Black, I know that you are wearing clothes. I mean why aren't you wearing the uniform?" She asked sternly. I didn't want to get in her bad books already, but the shirt that was part of our uniform was itchy and the socks were hideous.