12. Meet The Boys

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, it's nice, bit crowded," I said, leaning over her shoulder and looking out.

"You're kidding me right? This is literally what heaven would be like to me. Plus it's a good place for vlogs and stuff, there's always something happening!" She was glowing with happiness, making me smile in turn.

"Sometimes you just need to get away from things though." She looked over at me.

"I guess some people do? I never really had to... get away. I usually just go to the gym to get all my 'ugh' -ness out."

"You're 'ugh' -ness?"

"You know? When you're just not feeling too good, kind of sad, and tired. Just blast the music and go the gym. Which reminds me, is there a gym anywhere near your apartment? I haven't gone since I've come overseas and I'm missing it."

"Yeah, there's one on the top floor of our complex."

"Come with me tonight? There's not too much time to do anything else anyways," she said as the driver pulled up to my flat. I grabbed our bags out of the car and handed hers to her, pulling my own up the elevator. I unlocked the door and threw my bag on the ground, looking around at my apartment. A wave of sadness washed over me as I saw random items of Michelle's lying around. I bit my lip and stared until Chelsea's voice broke into my mind. "You okay?"

"I... yeah. Memories I guess," I said, picking up one of Michelle's shirts. She looked at it for a few seconds before it clicked.

"Oh... Do you want help getting this all cleaned up?" I nodded, and we got down to work. Starting in the living room, we got rid of magazines, shirts, jewelry, and small decorative pieces. Her purse was on my couch as well. Piling it all into a box, we set it at the doorstep. Moving on to my room, there was a lot more stuff. Her pillow that she claimed she needed for a good night's sleep, a few facial masks, a few nighties. Something soft hit me in the back of the head and I saw Chelsea looking away suspiciously. A red and black bra was sitting at the ground near my feet. I bent over to pick it up, only to be hit by another one, a red one with black lace over top. I rolled my eyes and tossed them into a box, dodging the next one Chelsea threw at me.

"Meanie," I said, sticking my tongue out at her as she threw another one.

"Jeeze, doesn't she have any normal bras?"

"Normal bras?"

"Well you know, ones that fit under your clothes properly so you can't see the straps, ones that don't show through a white shirt?" She threw another bright red one at me.

" So you're supposed to wear different bras with different shirts?" She rolled her eyes and nodded as she searched the rest of the room.

"Yeah." For a second the disappeared into the washroom and came out a minute later with her arms full of makeup, hair products, brushes, and a few hair tools. "Did she live with you?" she asked, as she dumped everything into the box.

"No, why?"

"Oh, it's just... ah, nothing, Never mind."

"No, I wanna know."

"Well she has a lot of... makeup, and hair tools, and, well, things that make you look different from yourself." I could tell she was hesitant to say what she really meant.

"She always wanted to look her best," I said, getting defensive.

"I like looking my best, but this is going overboard. I mean, she has four different bottles of foundation, and she doesn't live with you Harry. How many do you think she has at home? Ten? Twelve?"

"She liked wearing makeup, that's fine, it's her own choice," I snapped.

"There's a difference between wearing makeup and bathing in it," she snapped back. We glared at each other for a few seconds before sighed and looked to the ground. "Sorry, I'm being rude. I just..."