Prologue: Friends Are Forever

Your childhood is supposed to be the happiest days of your life. You learn the most important things during childhood: how to make friends, how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, how to form a proper sentence, how human civilization got started, how to read in your mind instead of out loud, how to share, and how to behave. But the most important thing in childhood is family. Every child should have a family they can rely on for comfort and support. I never had that, what with my parent's getting a divorce when I was little. I never had the chance to get too close with my older brother. He's two years older than me and lives far away from home. Far away from me.

Yet he's the only one who ever showed any interest in me. Our parents don't care about me. Not anymore. I've had to learn how to fend for myself, both physically and financially. It started when I was just in grade school. Ever since the kids stopped ignoring my existence and started picking on me physically. Financially I've been doing it since I was old enough to get a job.

I've never been good at making friends. Nobody at school every paid me any attention. Not sense the incident. Ever since the incident I started seeing things at night. Things no normal child sees. I see ghosts with bloody faces. They tell me to be aware of the things creeping around in the dark. I start to tremble in my bed. Then I cry myself to sleep. The next day I can't focus straight. Too scared and too tired. Once I stayed home from school because I woke up with blood on my hands.

After the incident I was given a slap on the wrist only because I didn't know what had happened. Sure I was the prime suspect but I was as innocent as could be. It's hard to be convicted when you don't even remember committing the crime. My parents treated me worse than ever. I was practically a prisoner in my own home. I was to where a tracking device wherever I went, even at home, even when I slept. Especially when I was asleep. But after five years of good behavior it was removed and I was allowed to live a normal life. Or, well, as normal as a murder suspects life could be.

The incident, the one and only night I ever spent away from home. It was a slumber party at one of my friend's house. It was all seven of us. It went just like any other sleep over would. Until we played hide n' seek. I never found any of them. Alive anyway. After I gave up searching I went back in the house and hoped that when they realized I gave up they would come out. I dozed for a few minutes but when I woke up I was standing in a pool of blood, my hands and clothes stained with the sticky substance. A dagger in one of my tiny hands. Every one of them died around me. I screamed bloody murder before folding into myself onto the floor, coating my clothes and hair even more. I cried body trembling sobs. Not even my brother could have stopped my tears.