Chapter 1: Visiting

A/N: Nora sounds like Sofia from Modern Family, Kiara sounds like Connie from Steven Universe yes, and Adrian sounds like Simba (as a kid) from The Lion King. Also, I probably already said their ages, and if I did, I'm changing them. Kiara and Adrian are both 14.
Kiara's P.O.V
I tried as hard as I could not to fangirl-scream - because I'm nice, and didn't want to make Adrian's ears bleed.
"I got the game!" I squeaked. "What?" Adrian muttered.
"Story Mode! Minecraft Story Mode! I got it! Get over here!"
"Whoa, what?! Just a sec. Mom, can I stay at Kiara's place?" I heard him shout.
"Well, I don't see why not, honey. It is a Friday, and her parents told me that they were visiting her grandmother for a dinner party, and for some time away from you two." Nora, Adrian's mother, chuckled. "But if I get any calls about some kind of party, you're grounded for a month."
"Thanks mom! Okay, be right there!" Adrian seemed to drop the phone without even hanging up.
I had a little chat with Nora about some art stuff until I heard a knock on the door. I said goodbye and answered the door, completely ready as Adrian ran into me and toppled us both over. "You know, just because I'm named after a lion doesn't mean we have to act like them." I chuckled.
"The game. You said you got the game." he said, staring into my eyes with a serious look.
"Yeesh, you really wanna play it, huh?" I muttered, getting up.
"What can I say? The thought of seeing the outcomes fills me with DETERMINATION."
"Okay, yes, we all get it. We like Undertale, it's a really cool concept."
"If I don't start playing this new game quick, I'm gonna have a bad time."
"Stop. Just stop."
"What's wrong? I'm just trying to tickle your funny bone."
"Oh my god, Adrian, I will kick you out of my house."
"I'll stop, I'll stop. I'm sorry. Usually you make the crappy puns though."
I rolled my eyes and led Adrian to my room.
"So, you haven't seen it since we were kids, but... Behold my room." Every part of the room was themed with a different colour. It was carefully organised by my mother, and was full of things that were supposed to be all 'mystical' and 'magical'. Dad loves that stuff. I don't really believe in magic, but it is really pretty.
"Whoa..." Adrian's jaw dropped.