i. | go on darling

FIXING HER
( i. GO ON DARLING )
y o u w e r e l o v e d
'I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real.'

The aging lockers groaned in protest as my weight shifted from foot to foot

The aging lockers groaned in protest as my weight shifted from foot to foot. My eyes had taken to observing them, or more accurately the messy haired female that stood behind my oblivious friends. She paved her way through my mind already, not giving me enough time to process it before she made her move towards the rickety brick building I called my high school.

I could feel the bitterness slither it's way through my body, urging me to take matters into my own hands. I could feel the repulsion set it's way into my very being. My body did not like the way it was reacting to her in our previous encounters.

Dark hair fell past my shoulders in frumpy curls as I tilted my head to hear better. "You ever run track? I mean, you have excellent muscle definition." Is he seriously trying to recruit Malia on her first day.

Typical.

"I sometimes ran from cougars trying to eat me."

"I've had the same problem." I highly doubted that but I refused to show my slight amusement when they passed. "So, listen, we're gonna start off slow. You know, a few classes here and there." Our gazes locked, a hint of a smile fell at her lips, my own in a thin line. A battle of wills ensued. We both knew what was coming and we both knew there were only to ways it could possibly end.

"Dont worry. You'll learn fast."

"I intend to."

I sat idly beside a rambunctious Stiles, showing all signs of irritation. This Wednesday took a turn for the worst. Today just happened to be the day to 'teach Malia control'—as the ball of sweetness that is Scott has so often repeated. I made a grab for Stiles lanky arm turning his wrist watch to face me. We had been here for an hour and a half. A hefty sigh feel past my chapped lips along with everyone else in the room. Everyone was tired and frustrated. Including Malia. This has got to be the worst training session there ever was.

Puppy eyes greeted me, begging for a little help. I wanted to argue and refuse but part of me knew that we would be here all night if something didn't happen.

I shuffled up to my feet reluctantly grabbing her hands and massaging the palms. I looked anywhere but at her, just wanting to rip myself away. It didn't feel right. It didn't feel the same. "Just relax. It won't work if you're so tense."

The boys approved of my behavior, the relief in their eyes said it all. I couldn't blame them really. I had been of short temper as of recent events.