2- Garlic

"Hi!" Ash got startled as Misty jumped at him from behind and hugged him. She giggled when he turned around.

"Hey. We're walking. My car's at the shop." Ash never really took his nephews' dirty games into consideration until they scratched his car yesterday. His aunt always said those kids were brats, and Ash agrees now.

"You came by train?"

"Nope, Gary was on his way to Saffron and he drove me to Cerulean."

The two started walking. "Well... wow. I'm impressed. You don't even want to walk to the kitchen to get the food sometimes, and we're going to walk today?"

"I could get dad's car but mom's starting to give life lessons using me as an example so I thought I should react."

"Using you?"

"Never mind." Ash wrapped his arm over Misty's shoulder. The two were walking slowly. "Well, maybe I need a fridge in my bedroom after all..."

"Please no."

"Just a small one where I could keep the coke cans. It tastes awful when it's warm."

"Ash..."

The two chuckled.

"How's the weekend going?"

"I'm glad it's almost over. I'd never spend the weekend at my parents' when my brothers would be there. It's a complete mess."

"Well, I wasn't having a good time either. May is still in vacation and I'm all by myself — and I had to clean the house on my own this time!"

"Would you rather starve or clean, Mist?" Ash grinned.

"Hummmmmmm..." Misty faked to be in deep thought. "I'd rather clean."

"You glutton."

"You're a bigger glutton!"

"Too bad that's true."

Ash and Misty chuckled again. Their laugh ceased and there was a moment when the two turned toward each other at the same time and their eyes met.

They kept silent.

The eye contact was intense.

Misty blinked and she was the first to look away. What she didn't expect is Ash grabbing her face and leaned forward to kiss her on the lips.

"A—what are you doing?" Misty pulled away after the fourth second, completely red in the face. She looked shocked.

Ash panted. He didn't know what to say. He wasn't even sure why he did that. Why would he kiss his best friend? Damn it. He ruined it. He ruined everything.

"I-... I'm sorry. I don't know what has gotten in-... I'm sorry, Mist."

"Why would you do that? I have a boyfriend!" Misty shouted at his face, frowning.

What?

"I was going to tell you — even if I didn't date, why would you do that?"

Ash couldn't believe what he was hearing. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then asked her, "Since when?"

"It doesn't matter!"

"For me, it does."

"Ash, this is not the subject! You're changing the subject! Why would you kiss me like that?"

"You never told me about this guy!" Ash shouted back at her. He thought she liked him. Was he wrong? Was he on the wrong track all these years?

"I was going to tell you today, so there is no need to snap at me—and that's not the subject, again! Why did you do that?"

Ash just wanted this nightmare to end. He wanted to leave and quick. "Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you, okay? I shouldn't have. Now, bye."

"Where are you-..."

Ash started walking away. He stopped and said, "I'm leaving, because, obviously, Misty has now a boyfriend and she shouldn't be hanging out with her guy best friend and have lunch with him, right? It's not fair for mister who loves you, is it?"

Misty didn't say anything.

"Bye." Ash turned on his heels and started walking away again.   

To be continued.