Chapter Six

I will make this entry short because I don’t want to get April excited. This is at the end of the page, and I will put the ribbon onto the next page, I’m hoping that she doesn’t read this until after I’ve explained to her what has happened. Yesterday, I was mistaken; it wasn’t April driving down my street. It was a kind gentleman, a gentleman who is a vampire. We talked for a short while; I explained to him that April was coming home, so he said he would return today. Unfortunately April didn’t come home; she was exhausted and needed rest. People often forget that she lived a sheltered life, and that she is only a young teen.

She began to interact with humans, (unsupervised) at the age of twelve; she is still naive and quite vulnerable. He cut our conversation short, and we’ve made plans to meet again later this week, and April… I think we will soon have some answers; I’m going to ask her to reconsider taking Kemo back home with her. Our Kemo can recognize a vampire, and he is very friendly with them. We knew he was a special dog, we could never have been more correct.

There are so many mistakes that Mother and I made. Loving you always, I will be sure to start a new diary tomorrow, this is my last entry, and I will have the diary delivered with the blood tomorrow. I must continue to write, I am getting up there and if I don’t write it down right away, I fear my forgetting the important details.

**********

I woke up and felt much better. I had a long shower, dressed and had a nice breakfast. I arrived at work at seven, and Charles was already there. He smiled and said, “You look much better today. I see you had some rest, uninterrupted I presume?”

“No, it was worse then the night before,” I replied and unlocked my darkroom.

He laughed a response. “Well now you have to share!”

He followed me in and started taking the photo's off the line with me. “Cheryl called me; she was upset and accused me of things. I was ignoring the phone until I heard the message. We cleared things up. I offered to tell Brad at lunch today that we shouldn't date anymore, but she told me not to.”

Charles stepped back. “I don't understand? She is aware that we are dating, and that you and Brad are dating too correct.” I nodded. “She is dating him and it is only dating right?” he asked again. I nodded again. “Now from what I know of you, you have been focused on your career, rather than your personal life… correct?” Yet again, I nodded and was getting tired of it. “There's nothing to accuse, and if you don't date, then you'll never know if you’re with the right person. You’re not comparing the people you’re dating, you’re comparing how the people you date make you feel, and that’s how you know that you found that one special person, you’ll know that it’s the one, when it’s the only person you think about being with,” he explained. His eyes somehow darkened when he said it.  I took in a deep breath. He stepped in real close and placed his hand on my cheek. “How can you commit your heart, without knowing for sure that they’re the right person for you?” 

I looked into his eyes and smiled. “Thank you,” I replied. It made sense.

“If we weren't here at work, if we were anywhere else, I would kiss you right now,” he said in a deep whisper, and then he left.

I was standing there breathless, and confused. I shook my head and went back to work. I finished filing all my pictures and then I spooled a new roll of film. Charles never checked on me, and I made terrific timing. I stepped out of the dark room just as the models came upstairs. We were shooting another make up ad. Not the same company, we shoot for a variety of companies. We were expecting seven females and three males. I recognized some of them; they were all in all a good bunch.

“How would you like to start?” Charles asked.

I looked at the set up and wondered. “I think we need a fan, and I think I'll watch you start. I'm drawing a blank at this time.”