Detention-Saver ~ England

Start from the beginning

The answer came when you saw a blonde student outside the class. He looked very much like the student council president from a side view. Now, how to get his attention?

That was when you saw a fake spider on the ground. Someone must have forgotten it. Then, you knew what to do. It was time to put your voice to the test. You took a deep breath before gasping and screaming in horror.

“A SPIDER!” You screamed. “IT’S HUGE!”

That distracted Mr. Booger from cornering you, and you had also managed to catch the student’s attention.

Help me.’ You mouthed desperately, while Mr. Booger was occupied with finding the fake spider, along with Ivan. Alfred was standing on his chair in fright (not that he’d ever admit it).

The student’s forest green eyes widened in realization and he nodded, before pushing the door open. “Excuse me Mr. Booger,” He said. “I require this young lady for a moment. A last minute project in Literature, you see.”

Mr. Booger nodded distractedly. “Yes, yes.”

   You sighed in relief before picking up your backpack and following the blonde out of the class. As you observed him more closely, you realized that he had HUGE eyebrows. Well, not that big, but not like normal eyebrows either. The student council president didn’t have such big eyebrows, as far as you could recollect. The walk was silent, the only sound being the sound of both your footsteps. Why were you walking with him anyway?

“Thank you.” You broke the awkward silence.

“You’re welcome.” He replied easily, before he stopped walking altogether, making you stop too.

“What was going on?” He asked seriously. “You looked quite desperate to me.”

“Wait…” Your eyes widened. “You’re British?!”

“Congratulations on figuring it out!” He said impatiently. “Now what the bloody hell was going on?”

“Nothing…” You trailed off.

He turned to you, green eyes boring into your own [eye color] ones. “What. Happened?”

That was all it took for you to burst into tears.

“Whoa!” He said in surprise, before he began to panic. “Don’t cry!”

“I-I’m sorry.” You sniffled. “B-but it-it…”

“Why don’t you tell me what happened?” He suggested. “Then I may be able to help you.”

“No one can help me!” You gasped through your tears.

“Then what’s to lose?” He asked.

He had a point.

   Sniffling for the final time, you began to tell him the whole story. You told him how unfair it was that you got a detention, how despicable you thought it was to put you in the normal physics class on purpose, and even more disgusting that Mr. Booger had tried to use it to blackmail you…

“-And no teachers going to believe me even if I tell them!” You wailed.

The blonde man looked at you seriously. “I do.”

“But you aren’t a teacher!”

“…Actually I am…”

“What?” You stepped back in shock. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t know! I shouldn’t have-“

“-No its okay, you didn’t know.” He smiled in reply, before turning serious again. “In fact, I am quite happy you told me this. That man has always given me the jitters…now I have an excuse to file a complaint against him.”

“Wait, you said you were a teacher right?” At his nod, you continued. “How? You look…um…a little too young to be a teacher…”

“Oh, yes.” He looked embarrassed. “I just got out of college.”

“Really?” You asked. “You look to be around my age.”

“I, er, skipped quite a few grades.” He said awkwardly.

“Oh. Wait, um…sir, you didn’t tell me your name.”

“Oh yes!” He exclaimed in shock. “How could I have forgotten? My name is Arthur Kirkland, pleased to meet you.”

Arthur Kirkland? Where had you heard that name before?

Oh yes!

He was that new teacher everyone kept talking about! The one who almost every girl in school described to be ‘hot’… they were actually right, in a weird way…anyone with eyebrows like that would look terrible, but he didn’t look half-bad…or even a quarter bad…

“-Excuse me!” Arthur spoke loudly, snapping you out of your reverie. “I asked for your name..?”

“Oh yeah,” You turned pink in embarrassment. “It’s [Name] [Last Name].”

“Well [Name], I expect to see you around school, more often than you’d think.” He smiled. “I need you to testify against him after all.”

“You say it like it’s going to be a court hearing.” You raised an eyebrow.

“When it comes to the principal, it could count as a court hearing. This is why I’d like to meet you after school on Thursday and Friday. We need to organize what exactly we are going to tell him.”

“Okay…” You trailed off, before something hit you. “You should get a job like this you know, instead of a teaching one…”

“A job like what?”

“A detention-saver…”

“…You’re bloody joking.”

“…No I’m not.”

“I am going to pretend you did not say that. Anyhow, remember to meet me on Thursday and Friday.”

“Sure.” You smiled up at him, and walked away after a quick bye, which he returned.

Your last thought: ‘I still think he should be a detention-saver…’