Chapter 1

Newt's pov
I woke up to the sound of chuck's soft voice. "Chuck. What the bloody shuck are you doing?" I say as I get out of my hammock. "The box is coming up and Alby wants you to be there to show the new guy around." He says. "Ok." I run out of homestead but my limp slows me down a bit. Everyone I standing around the box. I push my way through the crowd.

When the box comes up, Gally jumps in. "Rise and shine greenie." He says. The boy looks confused like we all did when we first came up. We can only remember one thing and that's our name. "Gotta a name, greenie."Gally asks. "I can't remember. I don't remember anything." The shank says. Gally and Alby pull him out of the box. He pushes them away and runs towards the doors. "Ah. We got a runner!" Some of the boys yell.
The boy trips and falls rolling a little bit.

Alby and I walk to the pit. The greenie wouldn't shucking calm do so we put him in the pit. "Hey greenie." Alby says. The boy looks up. "what is this place?" He stands up. Alby squats down."Are you going to try to run, again?" Alby says as he untied the wire. The greenie shakes his head.

We take him to the look out tower. He stood next to me I rested on the rail. "This is the glade." I say. He points at the doors, "what's out there?" I sigh and look at Alby. "That's the maze. We only have three rules. First, do your part. Second, never harm another glader and third, never go beyond those doors. Can you do that?" He ask. The greenie nods.